City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Product Management
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
We have an amazing opportunity to join our Merchandise team as a Merchandise Analyst. Reporting to the Merchandise Manager, you will be responsible for the management of assigned categories and the execution of category reviews, HH Markets, marketing programs and communications across HHSL stakeholders and Store Owners.
If you have strong analytical skills and business acumen, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Prepare, analyze, and share category performance data and insights with Merchandise Manager in support of assigned business objectives and category reviews.
- Work with suppliers to collect product and category information including samples, quotes, marketing collateral etc. Negotiate with suppliers as required.
- Execute Supplier proposed cost increase/cost validation process cross functionally with Price Analyst.
- Submit Cost Change analysis and Price Analysis to support the assessment of net impact of cost or price changes. Based on the cost change analysis, negotiate cost increase with the Supplier.
- Collaborate with and lead cross functional teams to execute business priorities including, category reviews, HH Markets, promotional planning and execution, marketing content proofing, supplier noncompliance, product information maintenance and other day to day issues.
- May have limited buying responsibility for a small number of products in a non-complex area.
- Prepare communication to provide Dealers and internal stakeholders with category information.
- Communicate and resolve Dealer inquiries and issues in a timely manner.
What we’re looking for:
- College or University courses in business with 2+ years of business, retail, and/or wholesale experience in the Hardware industry is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of current Home Hardware systems and processes a definite asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and react to changing situations in a busy, fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, phone manner and communication skills.
- Willingness to work extended hours when needed.
What Home offers:
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual Incentive/Bonus Program.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Paramedical, Disability Coverage, Out of Country Travel Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with Company Match, and choice of contribution level.
- Group RRSP.
- Discount from our corporate retail stores.
- WorkPerks© by Venngo discounts.
- Home & Auto Insurance discounts.
- 3-weeks’ vacation to start.
- Personal and sick time.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.