MEP Lead (Mech/Electrical/Plumbing engineering) CAN Port Of Entry
City : Windsor, Ontario
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
BNA was selected to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the CAD$5.7 billion (approximate US$4.4 billion) Gordie Howe International Bridge project for Windsor-Detroit Bridge Authority (WDBA). When completed, the bridge will be the longest cable-stayed bridge in North America. The project includes a bridge and border crossing spanning the Detroit River and connecting Detroit, Michigan, U.S., and Windsor, Ontario, Canada, by linking Interstate 75 and Interstate 96 in Michigan with the new extension of Highway 401 (Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway) in Ontario. The scope also includes building new, state-of-the-art ports of entry on both the U.S. and Canadian sides of the Detroit River as well as improvements to existing infrastructure in both Michigan and Ontario.
MEP Lead Responsibilities/Scope of Work:
• Organize and manage the execution of building construction projects
• Consolidation of user requirements
• Interpreting/conveying user requirements to design consultants
• Tendering and bid review processes, along with contract administration.
• Maintain project cost control and project records through others.
• Oversee commissioning of mechanical/electrical components
• Compile and complete all financial records and construction documentation.
• Prepare concise cost estimates as required for each project.
• Coordinate internal CAN POE Plant Operations and Environmental Services departments as necessary.
• Monitor budgets during design and construction phases.
• Lead move coordination, commission, and construction
• Manage product design drawings and specifications directly or through external consultants.
• Provide input to the necessary consultants with regards to the preparation of mechanical, electrical and architectural drawings in conjunction with the needs of the user groups.
• Handle construction/design difficulties and provide solutions to Sr. Management as required in conjunction with Lead Engineer of PEO and EOR.
• Provide leadership role to Project Team during user or site related redesigned occurring during the construction and commissioning of projects.
• Support construction efforts by providing technical support to craft and supervision as well as helping to satisfy quality requirements.
• Undertake surveillance works, as required, on site to ensure construction is in accordance with the Signed and Sealed drawings, working drawings and specifications and provide reports.
• Screens (Receipt of Material Requests (RMR)/ MAR (Material Approvals Requests (MAR) for compliance to material specifications
• Get familiar with Inspection Test Plans and review Hold/Witness points required by the EOR are being complied.
• Review/collect QA/QC reports to respond/send questions to QA/QC and EOR if required.
• Surveillance and documentation of daily work and test sampling occurrences
• Capture and record as-constructed information, gather redlines, survey files, test results and prepare package to submission to the EOR.
• Support issuing Field Clarification Request and obtaining timely responses by coordination between construction / engineering and designer. Assist in managing the FCR process within his/her component.
• Validate closure of NCR’s
• Observe and document activities in daily report, particular deviations/anomalies.
• Monitor Working Drawings within his/her component.
• Progress measurement
• Preparing Subcontractor Monthly payment applications
• Tracking changes, defending change orders, processing commercial changes
• Review MEP Subcontractors overall scope of work, monitor site progress, review and resolve technical issues on site and design, closely coordinate with EOR and Client.
• Conversant with Quality processes such as ITP’s, MARs
• Strong technical ability to review shop drawings, identify any issues from construction/design point of view.