Mental Health Clinicians (Bilingual French)
City : , , , , , , , , , , , Québec
Category : Full-time Salaried
Industry : *Allied Health Professionals
Employer : Homewood Health Inc.
Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
Are you interested in supporting Canadians during these challenging times?
This is a truly unique opportunity connected to the clinical field that will provide much needed support to fellow Canadians through the Covid-19 pandemic! You will use your counselling abilities to provide telephonic support, tools and resources to meet the needs of a very diverse adult clientele.
These positions are permanent full-time, 37.5 hours weekly, working from home. This is a 24/7 operation including weekends and statutory holidays. You need to provide a quiet, confidential workspace and connectivity; we’ll provide you with a laptop, telephone and headset. The telephone will require a physical connection to your router.
At this time we have an immediate need to hire for the following shift (Eastern time):
- 1 pm to 9 pm
- 4 pm to 12 am
- 11 pm to 7 am
What you'll be doing:
• Action in real time “warm transfer” referrals from our Triage Team
• Deliver solution-focused single session counselling aimed at providing rapid access to appropriate care and problem solving
• Make referrals to on-line support and psycho-educational tools, expert-assisted e-support, counselling, crisis response and referrals to acute care
• Enter client data into the electronic records system while responding to incoming telephone calls
• Identify crisis calls, conduct risk assessments and provide safety planning if necessary
What we're looking for:
• Master’s or bachelor's degree in Psychology, Sociology, Counselling or Social Work and current registration with a relevant college is required
• Ability to build therapeutic rapport quickly and easily
• Previous experience with telephonic and/or one on one counselling would be an asset
• Ability to listen and to remain calm and empathetic under stressful situations
• Proficiency with MS Word and Outlook is required, as well as the ability to learn and adapt to new systems quickly
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, French skills is required
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
As an equal opportunity employer, Homewood Health is committed to employment accessibility, diversity, equity and inclusion. For this reason, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking groups including women, racialized and indigenous communities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.