Member Services Representative – Part Time
City : Coquitlam, British Columbia, CA, V3B 7K1
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Coast Capital
Location: Coquitlam Branch
Job Type: Part Time
myWork Options: In-person
What’s the opportunity?
Our brand revolves around helpfulness. In addition, our in-branch Member Service Representatives bring our brand to life.
In this role, you will put members first and find solutions based on their unique financial needs. That’s why we’re looking for thoughtful, warm and welcoming folks who know to stop just short of actually hugging the customers. So much more than a teller, our Member Service Representatives do a lot. They cash cheques, pay bills, handle deposits and transfers, while always being on the lookout for new value-add opportunities that meet the member’s needs.
If you have the self-motivation to deliver an exceptional member experience while thriving in a goal oriented environment, you can also build a great career with us as a future Member Banking Specialist or Relationship Manager.
What you’ll get to do:
Perform a juggling act balancing a friendly sales and service approach with demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify opportunities to deepen member relationships and solve problems.
- Build relationships with members in branch and deliver an outstanding member experience by meeting their initial needs and identifying future opportunities through money chats and so much more!
- Demonstrate your knowledge of technology through educating members on our alternate channels (online banking and mobile platforms) to deliver a memorable member experience
- Act as a team player by contributing to team results through listening, spotting opportunities and partnering with other Coast Capital team members to best meet our members financial needs
- Continue to build a strong understanding of how Coast Capital Savings assists in providing financial well-being to our members
- Create a positive member experience by proactively taking ownership of resolving and preventing member banking issues
- Play a detective’s role by keeping a watchful eye for counterfeit money and fraudulent activities
Who are we looking for?
- Experience helping customers in a retail environment for a minimum of one year where you used your x-ray vision to spot sales and referral opportunities. If you have proven success working with sales objectives in your previous roles, well that’s a bonus.
- You are passionate about positively impacting not only your members but their communities as well.
- You are excited to share with the world what you learned during your post-secondary education in finance, business administration or a related field. And you aren’t done learning; you have a desire to know more.
- You excel at building relationships with a wide variety of people and want to help them with simple financial help.
- You are a big fan of team work and demonstrate your team spirit every day.
- You are a multi-tasking master, able to efficiently and effectively prioritize and organize what needs to get done.
- You have great verbal and written English. And if you speak Mandarin, Cantonese or Punjabi as well, that would make our day. Maybe even our week.
- You are tech savvy and comfortable sharing your knowledge with your members.
- Flexibility is key; our branches can be open Mondays to Saturdays from 9:30 to 7:00, so be prepared to happily work a variety of hours, including evenings and Saturdays
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Coast Capital, we believe everyone has potential. We are committed to building better, brighter, more inclusive futures for everyone – including our employees. We see the potential in our employees to achieve amazing things and want to invest in your future. If you’re excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Coast Capital.
At Coast Capital, we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people of diverse sexual and gender identities and women. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise benefit of our employees, our members, and our community.
We strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our candidates with different abilities. If you require any accommodations, please contact email@example.com. We will work with you to meet your needs.