Medical Laboratory Technician, Chemistry and Hematology
City : Belleville, ON, CA
Category : Laboratory Services
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
Do you want to help improve patients’ healthcare outcomes? Now you can. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician to join our team in Belleville, Ontario. This is an important role in patient care and our business, and will let you see the difference that you make in patients’ lives. This is a Regular Part Time (20 to 37.5 hours a week) role working the Flexible Shift suitable for an individual with a flexible weekday schedule.
- Responsible for carrying out a diverse range of work activities; ensure all duties and responsibilities are prioritized and handled with accuracy and efficiency providing quality results
- Demonstrate knowledge of specimen handling requirements and prioritization of specimens and results, following LifeLabs Procedures
- Data entry of specimens, while triaging testing as appropriate.
- Perform manual and automated testing in accordance with LifeLabs Procedures under the direct supervision of a medical laboratory technologist
- Perform procedures required to address Quality Assurance indicators as defined, consulting with resources where necessary
- Identify incidents and non-conformances; escalate as appropriate
- Conduct and record instrument/equipment maintenance at appropriate, defined intervals
- Prepare and utilize reagents and controls using defined procedures
- Ensure confidentiality of patient information
- Monitor and maintain adequate amounts and proper usage of laboratory supplies
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment
- Ensure bio hazardous and routine garbage is handled in compliance with Environment, Health and Safety procedures
- Work in a manner that protects one’s own health & safety as well as the safety of co-workers and others, and that is consistent with the law and with safe work practices and procedures established by LifeLabs
Are you a good fit?
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence, and can live these values with us every day. LifeLabs is seeking individuals who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, while adhering to LifeLabs’ standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency. Do you have:
- High School diploma
- WHMIS training
- Registered Laboratory Assistant (OSMT) optional
- Previous laboratory experience preferred (Chemistry and/or Hematology)
- Laboratory environment: may handle bio hazardous materials and chemicals/reagents
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits – our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, education opportunities with tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction. We especially encourage applications from new graduates and individuals looking to advance their careers.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.