Media Planning Supervisor
City : Vancouver
Category : Full-time Other
Industry : Marketing And Advertising
Employer : dentsu
The Media Planning Supervisor is responsible for developing a high-performing team and providing guidance on client and media planning strategy. The Media Planning Supervisor will oversee the entire planning process for their dedicated client groups and collaborates with trafficking, media operations and media buying teams to achieve client goals. This role is critical in enforcing and providing input into the overall media planning direction as well as overseeing the quality standards of the team’s planning strategy and execution.
- Manages, coaches, and develops a team across media planning deliverables through the planning and campaign process to improve and achieve client goals.
- Coaches team to develop planning strategies that maximize media dollars and media efficiency.
- Drives employee retention by providing feedback to the Leadership and HR team to help retain top talent in Canada.
- Grows the sophistication of the team’s media knowledge, expanding into data and technology.
- Identifies development areas in team members to help achieve and drive their performance goals for the year.
- Drives Media Brand and client adoption of DAN capabilities, e.g. The Story Lab, Dentsu Data Labs, Cardinal Path, ICUC, etc.
- Supports the media buying teams throughout campaign activation process to maintain performance and resolves any campaign-related issues.
- Facilitates the implementation of quality control processes and systems across client groups.
- Briefs partner agencies on strategic implementation needs and roles of specific communication channels.
- Prepares reporting documentation for clients demonstrating the strategy and rationale executed to deliver on campaign goals.
- Participates and presents in new business efforts for the Canadian Network.
- Instils a high-performance, data-driven, continuous improvement culture within a shared service organization.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Media, Advertising, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of media planning experience focused on All Media Channels and a minimum of 1-year experience leading a team.
- Strong people leader with the ability to lead, coach and develop and retain top talent while addressing performance.
- Knowledge of bid management, campaign management and optimization process with key Data, Supply and DSP partners.
- Advanced knowledge of Media Planning and Research Tools:
- Ability to instill confidence and manage expectations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical skills and proficient with numbers and budgets to illustrate client business objectives.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and people skills.
- Advanced level MS Office skills: Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP), Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to collaborate with cross-functional teams and multiple stakeholders.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Canada.Recruitment@dentsuaegis.com or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.