City : Toronto
Category : Full-time Other
Industry : Marketing And Advertising
Employer : dentsu
The Media planner is the steward of the tactical communications planning process and provides mid-level strategic recommendations to the senior media team and/or clients. The Media Planner is expected to have strong working knowledge of the media landscape in Canada and experience using media planning and research tools. The Media Planner is expected to be an active participant on their client accounts and actively contribute ideas and insights to achieve goals and objectives.
- Supports the media planning and buying process for assigned client accounts by translating client briefs into ideas and actions that expand communications planning influence.
- Uses tools to develop strategic communications plans based on execution strategy, rationale and buy structure to deliver on campaign goals.
- Works closely with creative agency in developing a holistic brand management and marketing planning process, including new product development, positioning concepts, segmentation, creative execution, message distribution, measurement, and optimization.
- Supports the recommendations of the deliver buy structures that encompass the best environments for each client’s target audience, while maximizing value and efficiency.
- Assists with preparing reporting documentation for media planning teams and clients demonstrating the strategy and rationale executed to deliver on campaign goals.
- Works with Traffic Launch and Campaign Delivery teams to ensure flawless implementation of media plans.
- Contributes to the overall campaign strategy and strategies ways to improve and optimize campaign performance to meeting client goals.
Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Media, Advertising, Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
A minimum of 2 years of media planning and/or buying experience focused on digital channels – Search, Social, Display and Programmatic.
Knowledge and hands-on experience with media planning and buying tools
Strong to advanced level MS Office skills: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to work with cross functional teams and multiple stakeholders.
Aptitude for priority management where it concerns managing multiple deliverables/work streams.
Ability to organize ideas and present back information logically and sequentially.
We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds foster a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better business results. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the clients we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to working with our candidates from all ability levels throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact Canada.Recruitment@dentsuaegis.com or to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.