Mechanical / Piping Engineer
City : ONTARIO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Mechanical / Piping Engineer - ( 22000163 )
At our core, we are a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe. We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Our Canadian Mining team has an immediate need for a Mechanical/Piping Project Engineer to serve various clients in completing feasibility studies and detailed engineering projects for underground and surface
mining operations. This is an opportunity to work on a variety of both domestic and international projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Safety is a core value for Stantec. You will be responsible for understanding and working in compliance with all health and safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its clients. As a member of our Mining team, you are expected to make a personal commitment toward preserving the health and safety of all our employees and demonstrate commitment through your personal interactions and designs. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operation and for our clients.
- You will work with a team of engineers and designers in the planning and execution of project work, including scoping, asset integrity assessments, as-built documentation, feasibility studies, and detailed engineering. You will provide technical support during construction and commissioning.
- You will provide clients with engineering support to meet their needs and incorporate client suggestions for future requirements in a timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner. This includes attending client meetings, which may at times be remote, as well as corresponding directly with the client.
- You will regularly interface with other disciplines and departments to execute projects.
- You will be responsible for the review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructability problems prior to issuance to clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Self-starter, with the ability to handle change and work with minimal supervision. You must be a contemplative person who is willing to challenge your own work as well as the work of those around you.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable design codes and familiarity with Mine Health and Safety Regulations.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to take the lead on a project team.
- Willingness to travel to client sites or other Stantec offices (~10% travel).
Education and Experience
- A Canadian Professional Engineering license (any province).
- 5–15 years of engineering, design, and construction experience in heavy industry, particularly surface or underground mining.
- Previous experience in:
+ The design, specification, and installation supervision of mine processing plants, including milling, refining, and/or smelting operations.
+ Mine dewatering
+ Material Handling
+ Pressure piping/pumping applications, including slurries
+ Copper solution mining and/or SX/EW processing
+ Brownfield condition assessments, commissioning, and/or operations support
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEnergized
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan, Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Alberta, Canada-British Columbia
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 24, 2023, 2:53:40 PM
Req ID: 22000163
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans