Mechanical Engineer in Training/Engineer
City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Mechanical Engineer in Training/Engineer - ( 230004GZ )
Stantec Buildings is on a mission to become the world’s leading integrated design practice. Our architects, engineers, interior designers, sustainability specialists, and technologists are passionate about the power of design. We take an innovative, collaborative approach to projects, sharing a common belief that sustainable design for the built environment can make the world a better place for future generations. Join us and design your place with Stantec.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will work with direct supervision and direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification for engineered systems or products for a project verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards / practices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Opportunity to lead projects as the mechanical engineer of record
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three dimensional models of building mechanical systems.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various project phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Coordinates with other building disciplines (architectural, structural, electrical, civil, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Assists in the review of shop drawings and submittals, responds to RFIs, prepares site observation reports, and performs other contract administration tasks.
- Assists with the development of job specific discipline specifications.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of building mechanical systems and materials.
- Attends project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
- Performs calculations of building elements and well-defined mechanical systems using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic ability in performing HVAC and/or Plumbing design.
- Basic knowledge of the mechanical and/or plumbing codes, energy codes, ASHRAE standards, and other building codes.
- Basic knowledge of building mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Basic understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with Newforma, Trane Trace & eQuest
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or related field & Licensed Professional Engineer In Training or Engineer.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience.
- LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1156 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 31, 2023, 1:14:56 PM
Req ID: 230004GZ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans