City : Saint John
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Machinery manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
We are currently accepting resumes for a Mechanical Engineer/EIT, based at our Saint John, NB location.
CFM is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers. We encourage qualified applications from members of racialized groups, women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
- Perform mechanical engineering design and calculations to address process equipment.
- Prepare and produce field inspection reports to provide pricing and develop design deliverables.
- Act as the contact engineer for all Mechanical work while providing technical assistance to Cross-Functional Team as required
- Coordinate and conduct field investigations and inspections.
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical discipline.
- One or more years of engineering experience in design, inspection or field engineering.
- Knowledge of American Petroleum Institute (API) standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge of ASME IX and B31.3.
- Eligible for registration as an Engineer in Training with APEGNB
- The capability to determine potential problems and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions, as well as having a strong sense of accountability
- 3-5 year’s experience
- Mechanical/Structural Engineering design experience and knowledge pressure vessels, storage tanks, piping, platforms, etc.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and AutoCad and an aptitude for learning new software’s for job specific analysis.
- Outgoing individual that is capable of completing field investigations and reviews with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must have a service based mentality and be able to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Experience in the study of metallurgy would be considered an asset.
CFM is an integrated provider of support to the world’s most demanding industries. We manufacture, service, and install our customers highly specialized system. We have multiple facilities in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland to serve Atlantic Canada, the North Eastern US, and the World.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates, and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary, or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.