City : Winnipeg
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Mechanical Engineer - ( 23000181 )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we are hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
As a Mechanical Engineer, your role as a senior contributor on our professional consulting services team is to work independently on large water, wastewater, and water resources projects of high complexity, and as a leader of a discipline team or project through all phases of a project lifecycle. You will be responsible for developing and implementing engineering designs equipped with up-to-date engineering and design tools and innovations, and operating procedures to execute projects and consulting services resulting successfully and efficiently in client satisfaction and on-time delivery. Many of the projects we deliver will be situated in Western Canada, however, we operate as an integrated delivery team across North America so their will be an opportunity to work with our Team across North America on a wide range of major projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivery large projects of high complexity as a discipline or project lead.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all mechanical engineered systems or products for a project for a project and assuring work is reviewed for overall technical accuracy
- Act as technical advisor on more unusual and complex issues and guide staff on solutions.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of mechanical systems and provides markups for junior engineers/ designers.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various mechanical phases.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings, value analysis, and basic cost estimating.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with related documents.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned staff; develop staff skills and abilities by providing guidance and mentoring to strengthen technical abilities.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the mechanical group.
- Develops project scope, budgets, and design approach for all size projects.
- Assists with the development of proposal for smaller, less complex projects.
- Oversees and manages multiple projects.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Collaborate with professionals across disciplines including mechanical team across North America.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of the mechanical and standards.
- Requisite knowledge and application of the mechanical and/or plumbing codes, energy codes, ASHRAE standards, and other building codes. Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participates and collaborates in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD, Revit. Prefer experience with Newforma, Trane Trace and eQuest.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Canada. Minimum of 7 years of experience (10 years for Senior).
- Professional Engineering Licensure in the United States would be an asset but is not a requirement.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organization : BC-1269 Water-CA Delivery
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 14, 2023, 5:29:24 AM
Req ID: 23000181
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans