City : North Bay
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Mechanical Designer - ( 220002SB )
At our core, we are a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe. We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Our Canadian Mining team has an immediate need for a Mechanical Designer to join our team. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing and coordinating both 2D and 3D mechanical documents on both large and small-scale projects within the global Mining Sector. As a Mechanical Designer, you will be part of a multi-talented team focused on designing surface and underground facilities and infrastructure in the mining industry. Your duties will involve daily collaboration with other designers and engineers of our multi-discipline team. You will convey electrical, mechanical, civil, and structural requirements to the team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit or Inventor models. You will work closely with engineers, project managers and mining specialists as you develop design concepts, create models, and coordinate designs to consider existing conditions and other discipline requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working with Design Engineers and fellow Mechanical Designers you will be responsible for the complete design and documentation package for mechanical deliverables
- Produce deliverables as required to fulfill project needs either as an individual contributor or as part of a team of mechanical engineers and designers, dependent upon project size and scope
- Mechanical deliverables including but not limited to:
+ General arrangements
+ Bulk material handling equipment for aggregates, mining, minerals, and other related industries.
+ Utilize knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Work from schematics, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Assist other designers with project deliverables.
- Report project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Designers or Project managers.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in an industrial and/or mining environment is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Autodesk software including AutoCAD, REVIT, Inventor and Navisworks
- Experience with MicroStation is an asset.
- Understand and adhere to all applicable drafting standards and verify completeness of design drawings.
- Understand and follow all requirements for revision progression and quality processes.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings of all disciplines not required but preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficient in math as it pertains to design work.
Education and Experience
- Position requires a Mechanical Designer with minimum of 5 years of experience in an Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management environment focused upon delivery of Mechanical design packages
- Associates degree or certificate of completion from an accredited drafting program preferred (will consider experience in lieu of education).
- REVIT and AutoCAD education and experience are required; certifications are a plus.
- MicroStation experience is an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #FeelingEngergized
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Job : Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 5, 2022, 2:04:58 PM
Req ID: 220002SB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans