Mechanic – Marine
City : Richmond, BC
Category : Full time Mechanic
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:Working in the Marine industry, safety is the top priority, and the perks are endless! If you’re looking for an opportunity as a Mechanic, Red-seal or equivalent, joining Ledcor could be for you!
In the position of Marine Mechanic, you and your team will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing issues on our tugs and barges. In addition to field work, you will also maintain the administration for preventative and vessel generated work orders.
Joining our team means:
- Stability in knowing you have long term employment and growth opportunities
- A competitive wage so you can live comfortably
- Health & Dental Benefits and RRSP matching, so you can plan for your future
Click the link below to see what it’s like to work with Ledcor Marine:
Interested? Apply today to join our Marine team in Richmond, BC!
- Perform general and preventative maintenance on vessels. Troubleshoot and repair of vessel diesel engines and equipment, including electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Execute day to day work under the direction of the Maintenance Manager and/or Lead hand
- Maintain vessel part inventory and places orders as required
- Rebuild and fabricate engine and system parts as required
- Ensure compliance and safety in all tasks, fills out required permits & field level hazard assessments
- Maintain the administration of the preventative maintenance program.
- Actively monitors operational condition of company vessels, and performs problem solving and troubleshooting to address maintenance concerns
- May perform other related duties as required
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Mechanic, marine experience
- Heavy-Duty Mechanic with Interprovincial Red Seal Endorsement preferred
- Superior mechanical and technical aptitude
- Demonstrated commitment to safety of self and others on the worksite
- Ability to multi-task and work on equipment in inclement weather
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively while unsupervised
- Electrical experience with 12/24/110 volt is an asset
- Basic computer skills
- Must be capable of physically demanding work including lifting, carrying and ability to climb on tug boats and barges
- Valid BC driver’s license (Class 5 minimum)
- Must meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- Full-time position working 40 hours per week with a 4 day on – 3 day off schedule, with daily and weekly overtime as needed
- Benefits as per CLAC collective agreement, including medical, vision and dental benefits, extended health, short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- This role requires working outdoors in all weather conditions
Ledcor Resources & Transportation combines our trucking, marine, and forestry operations to offer integrated supply chain services to British Columbia’s forestry and bioenergy industry. We produce and deliver biofuel, wood chips, and kraft pulp by land and by sea.
Learn more about our Marine Group at http://www.ledcor.com/what-we-do/transportation/marine.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.