MBSI Program Student Assistant
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 200023-Inst Admin - Business
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
This role reports to the Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) Coordinator, Melville School of Business.
The Melville Business Strategy Internship (MBSI) Program Student Assistant (SA) candidate will be an integral member of the MSBI program team. The MBSI program SA will interact and engage with prospective student intern applicants and provide information regarding the process and the experience of past interns. The MBSI program SA will support program branding tasks and marketing initiatives, support internal events related to the MBSI program, and assist the MBSI program team in other duties as needed. Successful MBSI SA’s are enthusiastic, outgoing, quick-thinking, customer service oriented, and creative problem solvers.
- Principal Duties:
1. Conduct campus tours, engage with prospective internship applicants, and provide program specific information.
2. Connect with internship applicants at events, on social media, and via email or telephone communications.
3. Assist with Melville specific event planning, setup, coordination, and operational logistics.
4. Provide knowledgeable and professional support to all those involved with the MBSI Program.
5. Act in accordance with KPU Melville branding standards.
- Program Promotion Duties:
1. Prepare MBSI Program information packages and manage logistics for campus advertising.
2. Communicate via phone or email with internship applicants to provide info on eligibility criteria.
3. Report on information gathered during campus advertising and compile interns' survey results.
- Program Engagement Duties:
1. Attend events to liaise with MBSI Program Participants and invite attendees to complete a survey.
2. Use social media and other digital technologies to engage with MBSI program participants.
3. Collect contact information and refer MBSI Program prospects to Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Coordinator.
4. Lead student volunteer activities, train student-mentors, and report training results to the WIL Coordinator.
5. Compile internship survey results and follow-up with students who have not completed the survey.
6. Follow-up with MBSI student-interns to ensure they have provided an updated weekly schedule.
7. Assist in preparing program promotion packages for industry related events.
- Communications Duties:
1. Update contact lists and records as needed.
2. Assist in preparing and scheduling in-person and virtual information session.
3. Assist in responding to in-person, telephone, e-mail, and social media inquiries.
- Other Duties:
1. Assist with photocopying and collation of materials.
2. Assist with data collection and entry.
3. Other tasks as required within the MBSI Program.
- Current KPU student in good academic standing, with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Computer literate and experienced with Microsoft Office software
- Reliable, responsible, professional, customer service oriented
- Able to work as part of a team and independently
- Able to effectively multi-task
- Experienced public speaker
- Effective multi-tasker
- Social Media savvy
- Sensitive to diverse student needs
- Available for shifts at any campus or community event, as needed
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed
This position is reserved for KPU Students only
Note: Preference will be given to candidates who have access to a reliable vehicle and candidates who speak a second language.
Student Assistants are paid as per the following:
- Less than one year of post-secondary (less than 30 credits) – BC Minimum Wage
- One year of post-secondary (30-60 credits) – BC Minimum Wage plus 8%
- With a post-secondary diploma or degree – BC Minimum Wage plus 21%
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.