Materials Testing Student (Summer 2023) – Environmental Services
City : DARTMOUTH
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Materials Testing Student (Summer 2023) - Environmental Services - ( 230000H2 )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical and materials engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
We are currently looking for Seasonal Field Technicians within the Geotechnical and Materials Engineering department to be based out of our St. John’s, NL office.
Your Key Responsibilities
The successful candidates will:
- demonstrate initiative and will excel under minimal supervision.
- You will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and skilled in delivering on your commitments.
- You will work with a team of engineers/scientists and other technologists/technicians performing general geotechnical and materials responsibilities.
- In brief, positions and duties include but are not limited to:
- Travel to sites, collection of samples, obtain field data
- Inspection of drill and test pit investigations
- Conduct a full range of laboratory tests in soils/concrete/asphalt lab
- Concrete field testing
- Compaction monitoring
- Asphalt inspection
- Construction Quality control/Quality assurance
- Inspect contractor activity
- Other general field related duties
Your Capabilities and Credentials
We are looking for an energetic team player who enjoy working with a team of engineering and technical staff in providing superior service to our valued clients in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a related academic background and work experience that includes:
+ Effective communications skills (computer, written, oral)
+ Valid Newfoundland Driver’s License and access to their own personal vehicle.
+ Moderate lifting and traversing uneven ground will be required.
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Organization : BC-1216 Environmental Services-GE-Canada East
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 1, 2023, 10:03:26 AM
Req ID: 230000H2
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans