Materials Laboratory Testing Technician (8-month/seasonal) – Geotechnical
City : MEMBERTOU
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Materials Laboratory Testing Technician (8-month/seasonal) - Geotechnical - ( 230001DG )
Begin your engineering career by learning the industry from the ground up. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid.
Stantec's Geotechnical and Materials Engineering Team is seeking a Junior Materials Laboratory Technician to join our team in the Sydney, NS office. The position is an 8-month full-time opportunity from May to December 2023.
Your Key Responsibilities
The successful candidates will demonstrate initiative and will excel under minimal supervision. You will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and skilled in delivering on your commitments. You will work with a team of engineers/scientists and other technologists/technicians performing general materials testing and inspection services in the field. In brief, duties include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a full range of standard laboratory tests in concrete, soils, and asphalt laboratories
- Travel to sites, collection of samples
- Construction Quality control/Quality assurance testing (Concrete, Soils, Asphalt)
- Inspection/calibration of lab equipment
- Other general laboratory related duties
- Reporting: You will be required to regularly complete detailed laboratory reports and submit them to the laboratory supervisor.
- Operations: You will be expected to support team operations and play an integral part in the promotion of our health and safety culture, client relations, equipment and resources maintenance and management, and other related duties will be expected
Your Capabilities and Credentials
We are looking for an energetic team player who enjoys working with a team of engineering staff in providing superior service to our valued clients in Nova Scotia and Atlantic Canada. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Effective communication skills (computer, written, oral).
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to carry out moderate lifting will be required.
Education and Experience
Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent (completed 2nd year of engineering degree)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Membertou
Organization : BC-1216 EnvSvcs-CA GeoTech East
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 28, 2023, 2:14:31 PM
Req ID: 230001DG
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans