City : Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Category : Full Time Supply Chain
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Sherritt
Headquartered in Toronto, Sherritt is a world leader in using hydrometallurgical processes to mine and refine nickel and cobalt – metals essential for an electric future. Its Technologies Group creates innovative, proprietary solutions for natural resource- based industries around the world to improve environmental performance and increase economic value.
Sherritt has embarked on a multi-pronged growth strategy focused on expanding nickel and cobalt production by up to 20% from 2021 and extending the life of mine at Moa beyond 2040. The Corporation is also the largest independent energy producer in Cuba. Sherritt’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “S”.
Reporting to Manager, Materials, the Materials Coordinator will monitor, coordinate and expedite the flow of materials between the supply chain and our suppliers to meet operational needs.
The position will be based out of our Fort Saskatchewan plant site.
- Monitor and advise to ensure that all material coordination, logistics and expediting activities conform to relevant Sherritt policies, process, standards and procedures, and all contract laws in force.
- Support and monitor the material compliance process including regulatory, quality or material specific requirements including supplier audits and validation activities.
- Support and provide input to all Sherritt Supplier Relationship Management activities.
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Continually monitor to ensure suppliers are adhering to Sherritt’s safety program by living the Sherritt safety values.
- Ensure Sherritt’s quality management system(s) is adhered to in supplier engagements.
- Work effectively with SCM peers to ensure timely, cost effective delivery of goods and services.
- Adhere to and provide input into Supply Chain Management (SCM) processes in alignment with concurrent work processes in Asset Management, Operations and Finance to drive consistency of work and minimize process conflict across the organization.
- Work effectively with internal partners for supplier related activities, and with site stakeholders to enabling fact based decision making.
- Provide timely advice and market information to internal stakeholders at their request and as available.
- Execute material coordination and fulfillment activities supporting the successful and cost effective execution of maintenance and operating activities for the fort site. This is primarily through material coordination and includes but is not limited to: material tracking, material expediting, logistics coordination, and nonconformance resolution.
- Expedite all Purchase Orders to ensure that the delivery of goods meet the requirements and expectations of the clients.
- Ensure that all Purchase Orders are fully received and the materials meet the quality standards required
- Support the continuous improvement of all processes and procedures within the SCM department.
- Contribute to procurement prioritization and work processes to deliver value added services to groups requiring procurement expertise.
- Coordinate with suppliers to execute: nonconformance resolution, repairs, returns and other related material expediting and receiving activities.
- Coordinate supplier visits required for sourcing deliverables
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business or supply chain, or at least 2 years’ material coordination experience in lieu;
- Professional designation – SCMP, SPSM, PMP, equivalent is desirable
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience, preferable in a processing environment
- Working knowledge of material procurement and logistics best practices
- Strong customer service mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent computer skills – proficient in the use of ERP systems and MS Office products.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work based on business demand
What Sherritt Can Offer You
- Competitive wage with comprehensive benefits and retirement savings programs that holistically support employee wellbeing
- Generous paid time off to support and empower employee work/life balance
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment
Application Deadline: The job posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly and engaged in the interview process.