Material Supply Planner
City : London
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:Maple Leaf Foods is embarking on one of the most exciting journeys in its history through the build and startup of a world-class, leading edge manufacturing facility producing premium, value added fresh poultry products. The new 640,000 square foot facility will call London, ON home and will employ over 1,600 employees as we ramp up operations over the next few years.
We are looking for equally enthusiastic people who want to join our team as we start to climb our own version of Everest. As with every great feat, the realities of this opportunity may come with some challenges and we are looking for people who have the commitment to working through these together. We believe that participation in this start-up requires great passion for our objectives, the flexibility to adapt to the needs of the environment, and a resilient spirit rooted in the desire to achieve winning results as a team. Together we believe we will do great things for our people, our consumers, and our communities.
If you think that this opportunity might be for you, we encourage you to read more details about this exciting role below.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:Reporting to the Material Supply Leader, the Material Supply Planner will be responsible for the purchasing and monitoring of packaging, ingredients, and plant supplies to achieve production requirements. This position requires a high-level of communication and collaboration among departments with a support and team-based mentality.
As a Material Supply Planner, you will:
- Monitor materials, supplies, and ingredients to ensure availability for production.
- Use production schedules, forecasts, available stock, and in transit inventories to manage the volume and frequency of materials purchases.
- Work within SAP to setup vendors, prepare purchase orders and setup transfers
- Gather vendor performance data for the facility
- Work with the Material Supply Manager and designated suppliers to implement cost reduction proposals, product standardization and the promotion of best practices
- Maintain material related master data within SAP
- Interact with shipping/receiving, scheduling, and production to ensure the daily requirements for production are met
- Responsible for making ingredient scheduling changes and communicating changes to suppliers
- Working with the inventory team, support inventory count processes, making necessary adjustments and investigating discrepancies.
- Audit accuracy and completion of inbound receiving’s and support document retention activities
- Communicate with FSQA and Material Supply Leadership regarding any product issues and execute return processes with the suppliers
- Responsible for ensuring that confirmation of receiving on PO’s is completed accurately and investigate discrepancies
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Drive process improvements within the dry storage areas
- Adhere to and assist in the enforcement of safe work practices following all safety regulations and guidelines.
- Adhere to and assist in the enforcement of Good Manufacturing Practices following all sanitation and process procedures and guidelines.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by management.
What You’ll Bring:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field
- 3-5 years of industry experience in Inventory Management, Planning and Purchasing within a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical capability.
- SAP experience with inventory management, transactions and purchasing
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- A strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, decisive, able to function within multiple groups
- Comfortable and effective in working with all levels of a very diverse workforce
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability work and collaborate with others
- Strong computer application skills, network and PC business application software. Experience with SAP preferred.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.