Material Handler – Night shift
City : See posting
Category : See posting
Industry : Pharmaceutical/Healthcare
Employer : Teva Canada
Who are we?
The Material Handler provides material handling support in accordance with the master production schedule and in compliance with EH&S policies, GMPs, and controlled procedures (SOP, EM, WI, JA, etc.)and performs required manufacturing operations, as required per Department/Site.
Tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Performs duties in accordance with the master production schedule and in compliance with EH&S policies, GMPs, and controlled procedures
- Completes all GMP documentation (controlled procedures, labels, logbooks, etc.) and issuance of material in accordance with Data Integrity
- Performs staging of materials for production depts. and moves bulk out for shipping per direction/schedule ensuring uninterrupted service. Performs ERP data entry and transactions, and verifications
- Performs picking of material from the Warehouse and associated ERP transaction as required
- Ensures the safe operation, personal licensing, and cleanliness of material handling equipment (motorized/manual lift truck etc.)
- Safely retrieve, move, store materials in appropriate areas of facility and proactively ensure available stock of required quantities
- Notifies Supervisor when material shortages, processing issues, product quality concerns and safety incidents occur
- Ensures the proper care, use and condition of tools, equipment, rooms, and GMP area
- Supports and engages in OPEX activities/ initiatives (OEE, SMED, RCPS, Kaizen, 5S, etc.)
- Acts as a coach and supports training of new employees
- Performs manufacturing operations based on training qualification, as required by Department/Site.
- Minimum successful completion of High school diploma or equivalent. Preferred: Pharmaceutical Diploma or a university degree in a related science field
- 1+ year experience in warehouse/manufacturing. Preferred: 1+ year of experience in Pharmaceutical warehouse/manufacturing Working knowledge of Windows applications, ERP systems, licensed on manual/motorized lift trucks, as required
- Demonstrated knowledge of GMPs, EHS procedures including OH&S and WHMIS
- General Knowledge of Pharmaceutical or comparable industry
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.