Material Handler/Driver-Supply Chain Logistics
City : Regina, SK
Category : Supply chain and logistics
Industry : Charitable Organizations
Employer : Canadian Blood Services
Job category: Supply chain and logistics
Job posting ID: 3645
Employment status: Regular part-time
Possible schedule/FTE: 0.40
Classification: SEIU 299
Salary/Rate of pay: $21.503
Application deadline: Open until filled
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to safe blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
About the role
Canadian Blood Services is looking for a Regular Part Time Driver/Material Handler to join our dynamic Supply Chain team in Regina.
Our Drivers do so much more than drive! They work very closely with our Collections team and donors - so an aptitude for customer service is imperative! Collaboration, respect and integrity are essential in this role.
If you’re striving towards a more fulfilling career as a Driver/Material Handler and want to join a welcoming team that’s dedicated to making a meaningful difference to the community. We encourage you to explore a career with us and Join Canada’s Lifeline.
Great reasons to work with us and deliver smiles to your community:
- Safe delivery vehicle provided with stringent maintenance schedules and inspections.
- Great opportunity to get to know your community and make a difference.
- Variety of schedules for work/life balance; no long haul or cross border driving.
- The role has lots of variety, including ongoing training and development.
- Opportunities for extra income with overtime.
- Amazing benefits and competitive pay.
- Strong culture of mutual support, respect, and integrity.
- Belong to a work environment that values community and collaboration.
- A great place for growth, new ideas and opportunities.
- Nominated for a Canada’s Safest Employers Award and National Capital Regional Top Employers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operating and maintaining Canadian Blood Services’ vehicles, transporting blood products, supplies, employees, volunteers, donors and equipment
- Receiving, preparing and shipping packaged blood products/specimens
- As a member of the Collections team, you will be setting up and taking down equipment at mobile donor centres
- Understand and comply with all internal safety work instructions and procedures to ensure safety of our products
- Minimum 24 months verifiable professional driving experience preferably as a commercial vehicle driver, within the last three years
- Completion of a secondary school program
- Must have a valid Class 4 Drivers License. Clean drivers abstract within 30 days of application
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch push and pull mobile clinic carts (may lift heavy carts up to 25 lbs supported by colleague)
- Strong time management skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Starting hourly rate of $21.503
- Payments in lieu for holidays
- Defined benefits or defined contribution pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness program, and much more
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.