Material and Testing Technician
City : Burlington, ON
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
You’ll be part of our growing team, using your skills as an Engineer to design and partner on major Infrastructure projects in Canada
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You'll be using your expertise to complete field surveys, write technical reports, collaborate with our many counterparts in all our different disciplines at WSP and provide expertise and client deliverables on projects;
- You’ll be managing relationships with internal and external clients and ensuring that their needs are understood and met, providing your guidance and expertise;
- You’ll ensure that the appropriate background research and analysis is completed in consultation with the appropriate government agencies;
- You’ll conduct botanical field investigations including detailed botanical inventories, Ecological Land Classifications, targeted SAR surveys (for example: Butternut Health Assessments), SAR habitat assessments, as well as wetland and other feature delineations (having your OWES certification would be a huge asset!)
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- University or equivalent education or experience in Ecology, Biology or similar
- You enjoy fieldwork and like to work autonomously – think the opposite of your standard 9-5 desk job!
- You’ve got access to a vehicle, a clean Driver’s Abstract, and you know your way around the MS Office suite of products;
- You want to experience what it’s like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!