Marketing Team Lead
City : Burnaby
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Marketing Team Lead - ( 2200041J )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. The Stantec community unites more than 26,000 employees working in over 400 locations across 6 continents.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and do you like to be part of a winning team? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by amazing creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience, and build your career? Meet Stantec. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, our talented people are making positive impacts throughout the world. We invite you to start a future here!
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we’re committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
We’re looking for a Marketing Team Lead for the British Columbia Region. This role will work with marketing and business leadership to deliver integrated marketing and business development plans that help achieve Stantec’s goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership in our target markets. Working alongside business leadership, this role will work to establish Stantec’s desired market position; develop strong, lasting relationships; identify market opportunities; and support winning proposal submissions, presentations, and communications in the pursuit of specific project opportunities.
This position requires an inspirational leader that provides mentorship and coaching to the regional marketing team, expertise in client strategy and business development, financial acumen, and a strong history with pursuits and promotional activities.
This position will primarily be located in either our Vancouver or Burnaby office, with some remote flexibility possible. If you’re looking for a workplace and career you can grow in—we would love to hear from you.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Partner with Marketing leadership to drive strategic objectives, track progress against goals, and develop success strategies, including financial analysis and reporting.
- Plan, organize, and direct all elements of a pursuit, including analyzing information requested, completing an assessment of opportunities, developing a response plan, conducting win strategy and high-level reviews, and working with the team to develop and prepare final proposal package.
- Facilitate and drive strategic discussions with technical leadership in the creation of annual business plans, coaching our marketing staff in the execution and support of those plans.
- Support client development, account management, and strategic pursuit efforts; leveraging local intelligence and market research and analysis.
- Work across our business lines to understand the key drivers for growth and provide guidance and recommendations for all marketing and business development activities required to successfully achieve our strategic objectives.
- Provide ongoing leadership, mentorship, and coaching to a team of marketing professionals.
- Assist in recruiting, motivating, and guiding marketing staff, with the ability to delegate and support work amongst a team of both direct and indirect reports.
- Develop training materials and facilitate training sessions on business development subjects.
- Develop compelling tactics for our promotional activities, such as our photography program, media and social media, awards, conferences, and other client interface opportunities.
- Responsible for the quality control of written and visual content across the region, helping ensure brand compliance.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven experience developing strategy and winning messages for responses to requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Develop and implement marketing and business development best practices with the ability to convey the “why” behind them to garner buy-in and alignment from teams and senior leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly articulate issues and frame solutions in a compelling manner.
- Experience with forecasting and business modeling, along with the ability to identify and implement metrics to track ongoing progress is an asset.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients.
- Ability to successfully balance conflicting priorities and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong presentation skills in small and large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and cloud-based interfaces.
- Ability to work effectively within a group with 'team spirit' as well as independently motivated with minimal supervision.
- Experience with trade and industry association events and networking with marketing peers and teaming partners is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a marketing role.
- Experience in the A/E/C industry is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Organization : BC-1206 Marketing & Communications-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 2, 2022, 6:51:54 AM
Req ID: 2200041J
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans