Marketing Manager, Roadways and Bridges
City : Toronto
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Marketing Manager, Roadways and Bridges - ( 2300025S )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 26,000 team members in over 400 locations across 6 continents are vital to making our company stronger.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling inspired, excited about your job, and do you like to be part of a winning team? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by amazing creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience, and build your career? Meet Stantec. Ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, the people we work with are cool, and we want you to have a future here.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we’re committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
We are looking for a full-time Marketing Manager, Roadways & Bridges to provide marketing leadership and strategic expertise to establish Stantec’s desired market position, develop strong, lasting relationships with key clients, find market opportunities and create winning proposal submissions/presentations and communications in the pursuit of specific project opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a passion for nitty gritty details —an energetic team player who can communicate effectively, manage multiple projects at the same time, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
If this sounds like your perfect role, we would love to hear from you.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing, Infrastructure and with a strong alliance to the Business Line/Sector Leadership, the Marketing Manager provides marketing management and strategic expertise to the Sector leadership team to ensure understanding of the strategic direction for the Sector, and to develop and deliver the annual integrated marketing and business development plan to achieve the Sector’s financial and market leadership goals. Through a team of marketing professionals, you will work with regional/local leadership and practitioners to establish the desired market position within the Sector, identify market opportunities and create winning proposal submissions/presentations and communications in the pursuit of specific project opportunities.
The role also includes working with a larger Stantec team of Marketing, Business Development, Public Relations, and Communications professionals to build our brand awareness and identify market opportunities for top line growth.
Your Key Responsibilities
Marketing Strategy Support and Implementation
- Partner with BL/SL Leadership and BOU Marketing Director to provide direction and expertise in marketing and business development
- Partner with BL/SL Leadership and BOU Marketing Director to develop the annual M&BD business plan to support sector goals for revenue growth and market share across the business lines
- Partner with BL/SL Leadership and BOU Marketing Director to develop key clients and project “must wins” to target in each operating year
- Engage with BL/SL Leadership to assess Stantec’s market positioning at the National/Regional level through primary and secondary market research, and develop/implement communications strategies and plans to achieve the desired market positioning
- Engage with BL/SL Leadership and Account Managers in developing specific strategies for client and related event coordination, project opportunity / lead tracking, and major or multi-disciplinary proposals in support of account management
- Prospect and qualify new client pursuits and related project work within the Sector across the business lines
- Provide leadership for “go/no go analysis” for project pursuits with key clients in the Sector across the business lines
- Provide leadership for client presentations that includes critiquing at dry runs and providing final review on large proposal pursuits
- Provide leadership and support on top pursuits in the sector, including positioning and proposal development
- Liaison with market research team to help develop strategies that connect to client needs, trends in the Sector, and competitor movement
- Track ongoing status against the M&BD plan for projected revenue, project pursuit status and success rates on wins
- Partner with the Public Relations Managers and Marketing Directors to develop annual marketing and public relations strategies and plans in support of marketing communications initiatives and events for the Sector
- Provide oversight and direction on marketing and communications platforms including targeted publications, e-campaigns, promotional material, booth, and banner stands involving key conferences/tradeshows and brochures
- Work closely with Regional Marketing Directors and their teams to ensure Sector representation through development and coordination of internal and external content within Stantec Marketing Knowledge Center, stantec.com, The Lens, and other relevant communication tools that promote service offerings throughout the Sector
- Promote the consistent use of the Stantec Pipeline in support of account management and business development efforts
Marketing Team Leadership
- Demonstrate teamwork with BL/SL Leadership, Account Managers, Practice Leadership, Local Leadership and Marketing Leadership
- Assist in recruiting, motivating, and providing ongoing leadership, mentoring, and coaching to a team of marketing professionals who work directly with leadership and practitioners to implement and achieve the goals of the annual Business Plan
- Function as a knowledge resource and leader for marketing team members
- Work closely with Regional Marketing Directors and their teams to execute at the local level
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practice
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients, internally and externally
- Commitment to client service and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent interviewing, written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Awareness that ongoing training may involve professional development courses in the evenings or on weekends
- Awareness that attendance of trade and industry association events, and networking with marketing peers at identified teaming partner firms could be required
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary in business, sales and/or marketing
- Minimum 10-15 years of progressive experience in a senior marketing role in a medium to large-sized organization
Stantec is a place where smart, caring people come to build on each other’s talents and make an impact on the world. Find your fit. Apply today.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organization : BC-1306 Marketing & Communications-CA Prairies&Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 19, 2023, 4:31:50 AM
Req ID: 2300025S
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans