City : Surrey
Category : Market Manager
Industry : Retail
Employer : Alimentation Couche-Tard
About Circle K
We know that you can work anywhere. However, working at Circle K is the start of something great!
Join a global family of 130,000 people in over 16,000 stores and 25 countries to make our customers lives a little bit easier every day. We set ourselves apart by our culture of pride: pride in our people and their development, pride in serving others, what we've built and what we are striving to achieve. No matter where you come from or where you are heading in your career, there is a place for you to grow at Circle K. When you grow, we grow - together.
We are currently looking for a Market Manager to join our Western Canada Field Operations Team based out of Vancouver Island, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the efficient and profitable operation of approximately 12 stores. This role is critical in maintaining network stability and an integral part of our business unit. You will act as a liaison between our stores and Support Office working in partnership with our Market Managers, Corporate Store Managers, and our Business Partners to oversee the effective execution of company directed programs, promotions, and marketing initiatives. The importance of this role is highlighted by our extensive training program, which prepares our Market Managers for what they face in the field.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support a group of store operators (10-13) on all aspects of store operations. This includes controls, promotional activity, paper flow, community involvements, store inspections and overall performance.
- Prioritize customer service, engagement and expediently resolve escalated customer concerns.
- Conduct market meetings, deliver training initiatives and inform store operators of directives.
- Supervise store operations, housekeeping, stock levels, and enforce corporate policies and procedures.
- Monitor sales, competitive pricing, sales incentives and promotional programs.
- Execute all security, mystery shop, as well as health and safety programs.
- Comply with all company standards and adhere to government legislation, such as ESA and WCB at each location.
- Actively participate in recruitment, selection and development of store operators and corporate managers.
- Minimize loss prevention by enforcing inventory control, levels, turns and theft investigation.
- Ensure operational compliance with franchised Subway Restaurant locations.
- Responsible for P&L, CTO responsibilities, top line sales achievement and contract execution.
- Communicate all required information and reports through proper channels.
- Contact and control outside services, as required.
- Follow merchandising programs, store sets, and participate in store renovations.
- Any special projects, as directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of management experience with prior success in a retail and/or food services environment.
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities, superior communication skills and resourcefulness.
- Customer Service oriented, emotionally intelligent with excellent people skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work efficiently on your own
- A current valid driver’s license with a clean abstract is required to operate company vehicle.
Circle K values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity by encouraging applications from the following designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Couche-Tard/Circle K values diversity and inclusion and aims to create a safe, accessible and rewarding workplace that showcases the unique contribution of our employees to the success of our business. As an employer, we are committed to employment equity, we encourage a wide variety of applications to ensure that we have a diverse workforce that is representative of the customers and the communities we serve. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants who participate in all aspects of the selection process.