City : Bouctouche
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Heavy and civil engineering construction
Employer : J.D. Irving
In business since 1957, Kent Homes is one of the largest home builders and mobile shelter rental companies in Atlantic Canada. We have 150,000 square feet of space dedicated to building quality homes year-round. We serve remote, rural, and urban centers throughout Atlantic Canada and Ontario.
Kent Homes is accepting applications for a Manufacturing Supervisor.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position will be responsible for the supervision of Safety, Quality, Production, and Continuous Improvement within our manufacturing plant.
- Post-Secondary Education, in either a Trade or Engineering, will be considered an asset
- Previous supervisory experience is required (minimum 3 years)
- Knowledge of residential construction or manufacturing
- Knowledge of production line process will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of modular construction will be considered an asset
- Demonstrated problem solving, judgment and decision making ability
- Ability to multitask, maintain flexibility while managing shifting priorities
- Proven ability to build and reinforce a safety culture in workforce
- Strong sense of urgency
- Detail oriented and able to achieve quality standards
- Strong communication skills
- Team Player
- Duties include but not limited to:
- Oversee and promote safety behaviors and culture
- Actively supervise assigned section, and ensure teams meet the quality and productivity targets, while engaging with Team Leaders to adjust requirements as required
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring for their team
- Support process improvement projects and initiatives within our manufacturing plant, and promote a culture of process improvement
- Ensure product is built to engineering and quality specifications
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Homes Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.