Manger Inclusive News Coverage
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Editorial
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
What you will do:
- Work with CityNews and OMNI and Rogers TV news teams to make sure our content is consistent with the principles of inclusion and diversity
- Work with news leaders to continually update and modernize best-practice guidelines for covering inclusion and diversity content
- Lead training of newsroom editorial staff
- Manage large scale inclusion and diversity projects
- Audit news content to ensure adherence to inclusion and diversity principles
- Formulate and implement plans for a consistent approach to inclusion and diversity culture and workplace strategies amongst all news brands
- Take a lead role in implementing and monitoring processes to ensure staff safety in coverage of stories that include racism and other forms of hate.
- Build, foster and develop cross functional collaboration amongst team members coast-to-coast-to-coast
- Act as a cross functional resource for in-house talent, content creators and managers who have inclusion and diversity-related issues and questions
- Build relationships with community groups, advisory committees and subject matter experts in the industry
What you’ll bring:
- Strong understanding of journalistic practices
- Specialized knowledge of Diversity and Inclusion principles and practices
- Ability to influence and provide consultation on inclusion and diversity matters to executives and employees at all levels
- Ability to create a safe, comfortable and confidential environment for employees to present concerns, and seek guidance and support
- Ability to analyze data and trends
- Strong communication skills
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Editorial
Requisition ID: 285193
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media