Managing Consultant, Sustainability & Climate
City : Vancouver
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Managing Consultant, Sustainability (MSS) is an experienced Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Sustainability & Climate, including GHG management and climate risk. He/she/they will be responsible for designing and implementing ESG principles to evolve and accelerate our clients' journey to sustainability specific to climate risk and carbon management. The MSS will have demonstrated experience implementing industry environmental standards such as GHG Protocol calculation (Scope 1, 2, and 3), TCFD, GRI, GHG Protocol, PCAF, and ISO.
Responsibilities would include:
● Assisting with the delivery of sustainability projects for clients with a focus on: Designing and implementing: ESG Strategy, ESG Analytics and Reporting, Environmental Energy Management Systems
● Ability to calculate GHG emissions following GHG protocol and PCAF (Scope 1, Scope 2, Scope 3 emissions – including Financed Emissions.
● Application of GHG Protocol and PCAF methodology from across carbon intensive sectors
● Leading the design, development and implementation of carbon target setting initiatives (implementing baseline emissions management, defining targets, developing implementation plans, carbon performance management and reporting)
● Supporting or implementing climate related scenario analysis and stress testing on the basis of various GHG emissions pathways and methodologies
● Leading GHG emissions reduction strategies for IBM's customers (i.e. Scope 1, 2 and 3)
● Supporting research, stakeholder engagement, and analysis as part of materiality assessments and environmental risk and opportunity analyses
● Engaging stakeholders, and conducting research and analysis, as part of environmental risk and opportunity analysis
● Supporting business development and discover opportunities for value creation.
● Developing client relationships while also providing industry knowledge and experience in the field of ESG.
● Articulating how IBM can partner with clients to drive shared success using.
● Is inspirational, collaborative and knows how to promote a sustainable culture at IBM where team members are motivated to grow themselves and help our clients succeed.
● Ability to participate in a broad range of projects and think on their feet
● Ability to establish credibility quickly
● Ability to interact successfully with a diverse group of people both within and externally, work effectively as a team member, delegate, maintain communication and update team leaders on progress.
● Dedicated to teamwork and purpose-driven leadership
● Advanced written and verbal communication skills
● Energetic, passionate, and entrepreneurial attitude
● Has an uncanny ability to organise chaos and is comfortable with ambiguity.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
● 2-5 years of experience with developing and implementing GHG target methodology and approaches for carbon intensive sectors such as
● 2-5 years of experience with carbon setting and target design and implementation
● Experience carbon performance management (dashboards or carbon management systems)
● 3-5 yrs of experience in consulting (strategy evaluation and development as well as solution implementation; management system design and implementation)
● Undergraduate or Masters degree in sustainability, environmental studies, natural sciences or another related program
● Understanding of data management, building, transforming and implementing foundational data capabilities at the enterprise level for carbon tracking and measurement
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Advanced knowledge of excel, with Python skills a plus.
About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.