Manager, Web & Content Optimization (Special Project: August 2023 – July 2026)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Admin
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Special Project: August 2023 – July 2026
Hours: Monday – Friday, 35 hours/week
Home Campus: Fennell
Rate of Pay: $78,295 - $97,869
Posting Date: July 20th, 2023
Closing Date: July 26th, 2023 at 7:00 pm EST
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees. We are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive (EDI) environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk College. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
Manager, Web & Content Optimization
The college's website is one of the most important marketing tools and the most influential medium for prospective students choosing a college and program. The Manager, Web and Content Optimization will oversee the web team and will be responsible for overall website performance including leading optimization efforts to improve user experience, maximizing lead form conversion rates, and driving customer engagement. The incumbent will perform testing, analysis, and regular updates to the college’s website to ensure ongoing optimization across various search engines, ensure the website subsequently ranks higher in the search results on major search engines such as Google and Bing. The role optimizes pages to ensure search results are relevant and to create a positive user experience, grow website traffic, lead volume and brand awareness. The incumbent will conduct keyword research and leverage SEO tools, such as Google Analytics. Another key aspect of this role is to review, assess and maintain accessibility standards for the college with ongoing review and audit for website accessibility ensuring the College is meeting AODA Legislative requirements.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Oversee the web team and manage the website strategy and annual plan to ensure the website is aligned and supports college priorities and objectives
- Develop and oversee the annual web strategy and plan including key initiatives, platform upgrades, website enhancements etc.
- Overall management and governance of the college’s website, including: content optimization to improve SEO ranking, enhancements and upgrades, website development, and on-going maintenance.
- Oversee website design to ensure optimal user experience, drives engagement and is in alignment with the Mohawk College brand guidelines.
- Manage governance and process for maintaining wordpress websites to ensure ongoing performance and support.
- Oversee CMS user access, course schedule and delivery of training to web and content editors across the college.
- Partner with external vendors to ensure seamless service and coordination with regards to web related projects and on-going support.
- Manage the web budget including contracts, enhancement / projects, retainers and salaries.
Develop and manage search engine optimization (SEO) strategy to increase Mohawk College’s organic ranking
- Improve Mohawk’s authority and increase ranking across search engines including Google and Bing.
- Partner with Marketing team and content creators to execute content recommendations for on-page SEO.
- Manage and address technical SEO work to ensure backend website is continually optimized.
- Develop offsite optimization activities to increase relevance and authority of website (ex. link-building activities, local listings etc).
- Remain current on SEO trends as well as integrated marketing trends.
Drive website performance and improve user experience to support recruitment and marketing objectives
- Partner with Marketing and Recruitment to align on recruitment goals and targets and provide recommendations on website enhancements to support these goals.
- Employ best practices to ensure the website remains competitive within the industry.
- Regular surveillance of Google Analytics and key metrics to report on website performance and inform changes to the website leading to a better user experience.
- Perform regular testing across various areas of the website to drive increased performance and user experience.
- Greater coordination across the college including integration with Mohawk College CRM.
Oversee AODA compliance across the college’s website and ensure on-going prioritization and attention to increase accessibility on the website
- Ensure the College is meeting AODA Legislative requirements from a website standpoint.
- Monitor AODA scores to identify areas across the website that require improvement and develop associated action plan.
- Manage and prioritize on-going enhancements to address accessibility issues and provide updates to improve accessibility.
Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of a three-year post-secondary education in web development, web design, analytics, marketing, business administration/management, communications or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of seven years of work experience related to website development, coding, managing enhancements, website design, with some prior management experience. Experience in a post-secondary education setting is an asset.
- Understanding of and experience working with Content management systems (CMS)
- Experience using and leveraging Google Analytics and other web analytics tools to gain data and insights to inform website decisions.
- Understanding of SEO best practices and experience working on projects related to search engine optimization.
- Has an understanding accessibility principles and practices
- Experience guiding and training team members or members of organization
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College prioritizes recruiting and retaining diverse employees. With this in mind, the College is committed to fostering inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (905) 575 - 2047.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
For more information concerning the Mohawk College strategic plan, please see: strategicplan.mohawkcollege.ca/