Manager, Water & Wastewater
City : Kelowna, BC
Category : T&I - Water & Wastewater
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Manager, Water and Wastewater to join our Infrastructure department, located at our Kelowna office. Reporting to the Vice President, Water and Wastewater, this position will provide you with the opportunity to join our large Infrastructure team and work on Water and Wastewater projects for municipalities and private clients. This role requires a leader to work under minimal supervision to independently evaluate, select and apply standard and advanced engineering techniques and procedures.WSP is currently seeking a Manager, Water and Wastewater to join our Infrastructure department, located at our Kelowna office. Reporting to the Vice President, Water and Wastewater, this position will provide you with the opportunity to join our large Infrastructure team and work on Water and Wastewater projects for municipalities and private clients. This role requires a leader to work under minimal supervision to independently evaluate, select and apply standard and advanced engineering techniques and procedures.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Provide leadership to a team of technical staff delivering water and wastewater projects;
- Provide major contribution to business development and fostering client relationships. Contribute to work on prospective proposals and help to build and sustain client relationships and business development efforts;
- Managing of Water/Wastewater Engineering projects including financial controls, project management, and managing client relationships;
- Participating in studies, assessments, modelling, preliminary and detailed design, cost estimates, specifications, contract documents, tendering and contract administration;
- Providing senior review and professional authentication of memos, reports, drawings and other engineering documents;
- Liaising with clients, consultants, regulatory and utility agencies, and contractors;
- Planning projects, developing accurate scopes of work, cost estimates, project plans, schedules and deliverables to execute high quality projects on time and on budget;
- Apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices;
- Supervise the work of engineers on the project(s) including, planning assignments, providing technical guidance, reviewing work and results, and performing performance appraisals of staff;
- Develop new or novel concepts and approaches, and recommend major design changes;
- Provide technical advice for complex or unique assignments and training to others;
- Provide mentorship over a group of engineers;
- Serve as a project manager, design manager, or lead design engineer in a small to large Water and Wastewater projects;
- Support project managers on large, complex projects or programs – such assignments have clear and specific objectives;
- Offer technical guidance in field(s) of expertise including detailed reviews and checks as part of the firm’s QC program ensuring accuracy and reliability of results; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Providing project engineering and technical expertise, hydraulic calculations, and process design services for various water and wastewater treatment facilities;
- Typical work assignments include complex water and wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations, in conjunction with linear conveyance projects;
- Project components include project planning, studies, preliminary design, final design, and services during construction;
- Study evaluations include alternatives analysis, methods for implementation, condition assessment and cost analysis;
- Cross-disciplinary design supervision and design coordination, preparation of construction plans and bid document specifications, office engineering construction support, coordination with facility operations staff, start-up assistance, and contract administration; and
- Work with senior staff in business development efforts, including client contacts, proposal preparation, client interviews and project positioning activities.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- 10+ years of experience in a consulting environment on water and wastewater projects;
- Registered as a P.Eng. in British Columbia
- A proven track record of successful business development, and of fostering client relationships;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, including training, reviewing work, and performing performance appraisals;
- Experience delivering new concepts, approaches and foresight in water and wastewater engineering;
- You are a self-motivated leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.