Manager, Treasury Settlements
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185275
Salary Range: 82,400.00 - 153,000.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) is a leading Canadian Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a growing platform in the US and Latin America, operating globally for over 100 years. Scotiabank’s strong U.S. presence provides our clients an important bridge to this key global market for trade and investment flows across the Americas and the world.
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
Be part of an innovative, Global Capital Markets and Investment Banking business with a unique geographic footprint that puts capital to work for our clients across industries! We work together to drive ambition for every future!
Scotiabank is seeking an Manager, Treasury Settlements to join our fast growing team! This role contributes to the overall success of the GWO US Settlements & Clearing department in the U.S. by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. It would also ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
You would primarily support the US Treasury settlements activity for the Bank of Nova Scotia New York Agency. The role will have primary responsibilities of settling cash and repo trading of US Treasury, Agency, and mortgage products settling though Bank of New York BDC system. If you are passionate about joining a fast growing team and learning at work, we would love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Championing a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Supporting payable/receivable processing- TMPG, Coupon, Pair offs, Broker billing, etc.
- Tracking monthly fails and produce fail reporting
- Supporting daily entity funding for different entities and Sponsored repo activity
- Working on various projects (i.e. ACAP, etc.)
- Resolving reconciling differences both cash and securities
- Supporting wire processing
- Monitor FICC Realtime monitoring
- Supporting settlements for various entities
- Controlling settlements to mitigate risk to the Firm and ensure regulatory compliance (improper handling could subject the Firm to regulatory capital charges and reporting issues with FINRA/Fed)
- Understanding how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Championing a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
What You’ll Bring:
- 4-5+ years of experience in Fed Securities Operations
- Strong competency using Broadridge IMPACT system
- Experience in FICC RTTM (Real-time trade match)
- Strong competency using Excel, BONY BDC, Bony Accessedge
- Solid understanding of Treasury settlements
- Reflect superior customer service skills
- Manage multiple depositories
- Be able to work in a fast paced and group oriented environment
- Series 99 or equivalent preferred
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.