Manager, Sustainment & Control – Asset Servicing
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1J9
Category : Business Operations Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 172230
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you’ll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we’re passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank!
Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange, and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group.
The Manager, Sustainment and Control, is part of the Asset Servicing team responsible for servicing the Bank’s clients in Canada, US, UK, EU and APAC on Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate Actions and Entitlements processing.
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in managing Sustainment and Control activities within Asset Servicing by providing leadership and oversight on the following key mandates:
- Assist in the development, management, and sustainment of the department’s Control Framework, including key Process and Managerial Controls, and reporting and analytics on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Central coordination of control activities such as Control Account reconciliation and substantiation, Cash Break resolution, and Audit activities
- Assist in the development and management of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and training programs
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and management of a Quality Control program
Accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Development, implementation and sustainment of the department’s key process and management controls, including control reports, dashboards, and analytics
- Management of control accounts, reconciliation exception resolution, coordination of internal and external audit responses, management control packages and coordination of ad-hoc requests by business partners
- Work with the Operations Control unit to ensure the accuracy of internal books and records
- Review and ensure Claims are transacted in a timely fashion
- Perform daily reconciliations of assigned operational function by analyzing custody and third-party data against accounting system data
- Contribute to the design, implementation, ongoing maintenance, management, and timely reporting of KPIs, KRIs and productivity metrics and analytics. Such reporting will contribute to Asset Servicing business strategies and planning as well as the day-to-day operational risk management and business priority assessments
- Contribute to the development, ongoing management and sustainment of all Asset Servicing SOPs and training programs
- Supporting contributor to the Asset Servicing Technology Modernization roadmap
- Create an environment in which the team pursues effective and efficient operations in the respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day controls to meet obligations with respect to various risk areas
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations in accordance with Scotiabank’s Code of Conduct and Policies, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, and conduct risk
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Capital Markets and Wealth Management
- Expertise in Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate Actions and Entitlements processing for Equities, Fixed Income etc.
- Experience in Tax processing
- Experience with reconciliations
- University degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or other relevant education
- Advance computer and data analytics skills, particularly in Microsoft Power Platform and Office suite
- Must have strong leadership and communication skills
- Analytical and detail oriented
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Standard hybrid in-office and remote environment
- Non-standard hours are a common occurrence
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.