Manager, Subsidiaries Accounting (18-month contract)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 193023
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Subsidiary Accounting team manages the governance processes relating to financial accounting and reporting for specific subsidiaries and for the mortgage portfolio of the Bank. The Manager contributes to the overall success of the Subsidiary Accounting team by ensuring that goals, plans, and initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. The Manager ensures that all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Reviews financial results of the subsidiaries, completes/reviews variance analyses, and ensures balances appear reasonable.
- Ensures the timely identification and resolution of any issues.
- Monitors close calendar (month end, quarter end, year end) for Subsidiary Accounting.
- Prepares/reviews reports and other documentation (e.g. variance analyses, financial statements, regulatory returns), for various stakeholders, including Boards/Audit Committee of the subsidiaries, regulators, and others.
- Assists with governance responsibilities of the COE, including maintenance of the issues log and change management log, monitoring of reconciliations, etc.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provides real-time assistance to Subsidiary Accounting team members and GBS Bogota resources, as required.
- Partners with GBS Bogota to identify process improvements and develop action plans for implementation.
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy of, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Policy, AML/ATF Policy and the Code of Conduct.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to define requirements, respond to queries, facilitate communications with relevant groups, participate in scheduled audits, and provide assistance to accounting and reporting groups on audit documentation required; continually monitor for completeness and alignment with standards.
- Acts as liaison and/or provides support for special projects, including any finance system upgrades, implementations, testing, and migrations, as required.
- Act as backup resource for GBS Bogota (business continuity).
- Champions a high performance environment and supports a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates the team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Professional Accounting designation preferred (CPA).
- Undergraduate degree with 5+ years of experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and ability to understand financial statements, their components and disclosure requirements (IFRS).
- Experience preparing and reviewing audited financial statements.
- Strong knowledge of the Bank’s general ledger (PeopleSoft EGL), OBI/Smart View, Excel.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to interface with various geographies and partners.
- Spanish skills an asset.
- Selected candidate should be willing to work overtime during quarter ends and year end. Overtime may be required at other times during the year to ensure deadlines are met.
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.