Job Title: Manager, Social Media
Department: Call It Spring
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The ultimate destination for shoes, handbags and accessories, Call It Spring is your go-to for coveted trends with accessible price-tags. With over 160K followers on Instagram and 650,000 fans on Facebook, we’re looking for someone who lives and breathes social media, has a well-versed background in public relations, and who is ready to engage with and grow the Call It Spring community while building and implementing Digital and PR strategies. The Manager of Social Media is responsible for driving the strategy for public relations and social media programs, managing communications with agency partners and bringing Call It Spring to life through a robust content calendar for distribution on key platforms. The Manager for Social Media bridges the gaps between the traditional media landscape and the evolving digital world, overseeing ongoing media and influencer relations, managing event conceptualization with the primary goal of building awareness, consideration and brand equity for the Call It Spring brand. The Manager for Social Media is also responsible for tracking and reporting of press/social media coverage.
The ideal candidate is digital native with experience in managing a social media strategies for fashion brands, has experience with content creation and has a background in public relations. Key skills include management, strategic thinking, communication/writing and a natural passion for fashion. Experience in brand and community building with both consumers and influencers is a key asset in creating global awareness with a focus on Canadian and US markets.
The Call It Spring Social Media team is composed of a Senior Director, one Public Relations Assistant Manager, one Social Media Specialist and one intern. The Manager reports up to the Senior Director with a dotted line to the Brand Director.
- Develop and implement effective social media and public relations programs across key markets (Canada, U.S., supporting International Franchise Markets)
- Conceptualize and manage production of high quality press tools including press releases, media lists, lookbooks, bi-monthly newsletters, pitches and specific brand releases
- Manage social media content calendar from conceptualization to execution, including developing content concepts and arching influencer programs
- Prepare internal documents/reports such as interview briefing documents, Q&As and post mortems
- Lead celebrity seeding and media gifting across key markets to drive brand adoption and advocacy
- Engage consumers and influencers throughout social to drive favourable brand conversations and consumer relationships
- Ensure consistent brand and marketing messaging across all activations
- Manage planning of PR & influencer events, as well as product & campaign launches
- Manage day-to-day communications with external agencies and budgets
- Build direct relationships with fashion media, stylists, social influencers and potential brand partners
- Cross departments to ensure consistency and build productive relationships within the ALDO Group organization (buying, product development, visual merchandising, media, omnichannel, distribution, brand development, finance, customer service, etc.)
- Ability to interpret and translate global brand strategy and equity into programs appropriate for international partners
- Support digitalization of brand teams, educating key brand personnel on social media
- Support development and execution of strong tone of voice on social media to build authentic, relevant, interactive consumer relationships
- Track and manage PR & Social Media on time and on budget
- Consolidate and analyze media coverage and program results. Assist in developing related recommendations and growth strategies based on results
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications or Public Relations
- 6+ years of Social Media experience. Agency experience an asset
- Social Media experience managing campaigns, online communities and brand channel
- Avid online and social media user
- Experience managing a team required
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Ability to think strategically and activate operationally
- Flexible schedule and ability to multitask in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, maturity, discipline, and professionalism
- Highly independent with a self-starter attitude and a team player
- Comprehensive knowledge of the media landscape, both digital and traditional
- Keen sensibility and knowledge of fashion, social media, retail, pop culture, as well as marketing & digital trends
- Solid experience in the fashion industry, experience in retail an asset
- Proficient with editing suites (e.g. Adobe Photoshop), Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience with MRP/Cision Point/Social Bakers an asset
- Bilingual, excellent written and communication skills in English and French
WE’RE LOOKING, ARE YOU?
Curious to find out what it means to be part of a great global team? Let’s connect. Discover what it’s like to work for a fast-paced, creative and inclusive company.
Want more? We encourage our people to reach their full potential by offering exciting opportunities and great incentives for growth. After all, our company’s magic stems directly from the talent and drive of our people. The possibilities are endless.