Manager, ServiceNow Technical, Colleague Solutions
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Technology
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Does working with some of Canada’s most versatile minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology & Analytics powers game-changing retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well.
Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, prioritizes a culture of inclusion and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology & Analytics gives you the chance to excel and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more!
Manager, ServiceNow Technical, Colleague Solutions, Brampton ON
The ServiceNow Technical Manager will be responsible for the delivery and support of the ServiceNow product within Loblaw, in addition to managing developer on-shore and off-shore resources. This role will drive organizational transformation of IT and HR processes and efficiencies through continuous service delivery. The incumbent will work closely with IServiceNow Functional Manager and IT process partners and consumers, addressing business gaps through technology related solutions. Solid skills in system development lifecycle, ITIL framework, and governance is required. The incumbent will lead technical resources, varying from administrators to developers, in a Centre of Excellence model to deliver value-add solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and drive development of key initiatives within Loblaw's IT Service Management(ITSM), HR Service Delivery(HRSD), Service Portal modules, and custom applications
- Manage Senior ServiceNow Developers through coaching of standard process methodologies, accountable for resource workload and capacity managemen. Work alongside Manager of ServiceNow Functional team to ensure technical specifications are being delivered for intakes and initiatives
- Work closely with Level 1 and Level 2 teams to provide productivity gain improvements, out-of-box or through configuration/customization. Work with 3rd party vendors/partners for the day-to-day managing of the ServiceNow practice
- Support the maturation and adoption of Loblaw's Configuration Management Database(CMDB). Deliver the Loblaw Service Catalogue and support adoption to colleagues and vendors . Support and align with Loblaw process owners for the delivery of Loblaw's overall Service Management practice
- Maintain appropriate documentation on the applications under the portfolio. Point of escalation and support to the Service Integration and Asset Management team. Enforce change management and compliance processes
- Manage the ServiceNow applications and portfolios for business units such as IT, Human Resources, Payroll, Real Estate, etc. Manage the scope of technology releases through requirement gathering, technical design, build, test, implementation. Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and response
- Effectively manage relationships with multiple partners within all levels of the organization. Effectively manage relationships with multiple technology vendors/partners
What You Need:
- Demonstrable Experience supporting the implementation, administration, configuration, and/or development of the ServiceNow application suite. Experience in custom built integrations with ServiceNow using MID Server, JDBC and ODBC. Bi-directional integration experience with Atrium CMDB and other monitoring tools
- Experience with supporting cloud-based applications and integrations with on-premise technologies. Expert knowledge of Incident/Problem/Change/Knowledge/CMDB/Asset management processes and corresponding technologies
- Strong presentation skills, and experience presenting to a broad and diverse user group across all levels of the organization. Must have proficient verbal and written communications skills.. Must have very strong governance skills, balancing business expectations with standard process development and support methodologies
- Demonstrated understanding of industry technology standard processes and their ability to enable business productivity and collaboration. Experience in training on technology process and standard methodologies
- Effective planning and organizational skills with the ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure. Communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment. Focus on Organizational Change Management as it relates to introducing new or improved technologies.
- Early adopter; keeps on top of emerging trends within the technology innovations (retail, corporate, etc)
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
What Loblaw Offers You
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find a phenomenal team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.
Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity where differences are valued and supported. Commitment to being an equal opportunity employer is a priority to us, and we encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs.
Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.