Manager/Senior Manager, U.S. Business Insights
City : New York City, NY, US, 10281
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 179763
Salary Range: 106,400.00 - 203,600.00
Please note that the Salary Range shown is a guideline only. Salary offered may vary based on factors, including, but not limited to, the successful candidate’s relevant knowledge, skills, and experience.
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank is currently seeking a Manager/Senior Manager, US Business Insights to join our growing team! The U.S. Chief Operating Office is responsible for leading the execution of Global Banking and Markets U.S. strategic agenda that supports business growth and increased operational effectiveness. This includes overseeing the day-to-day operations to ensure effective governance and management; establishing the strategic and operational criteria to measure business effectiveness; and supporting the development of Global Banking and Markets U.S. to maximize return.
This role will proactively contribute to the overall success of the Office by supporting key strategic and operational regional efforts. The role will work closely with the Director, U.S. Business Insights to support the consolidated book of work, driving successful execution and identifying risks as they unfold. This role provides the unique opportunity to collaborate across U.S. management, gaining a holistic view of the strategic agenda that is critical to the Bank’s success.
The successful candidate will have experience in supporting a diverse book of work inclusive of business, operational, and regulatory initiatives. The candidate should be comfortable multi-tasking across a portfolio of strategic and tactical projects, leveraging strong relationships across teams.
A ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude a must. If this sounds like you, apply today!
Is this role right for you? You will be responsible for:
- Supporting U.S.-wide projects and deliverables, bringing together individual effort owners across business and support areas. Ensure that critical projects maintain momentum and focus, and are completed according to deliverable timelines.
- Supporting the U.S.-wide self-identification initiative, enabling input, reporting, and tracking of self-identified issues. Partner with Internal Control to foster a culture of self-identification
- Supporting the development and expansion of key governance forums, e.g. U.S. Issue and Regulatory Oversight Committee (IROC) and Futures Commission (FCM) Working Group
- Managing the U.S. Charitable Donations process, ensuring business and compliance requirements are met
- Supporting the U.S. COO communications and colleague engagement efforts, in conjunction with U.S. Communications, U.S. Human Resources, and others
- Working directly with the U.S. COO to manage a diverse portfolio of activities of varying length and complexity
- Actively search for ways of creating efficiencies and enhancing controls (idea generation)
- Ad-hoc projects as required
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Championing a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or international equivalent
- Financial industry experience is required
- Knowledge of banking, capital markets, and wholesale operational processes & controls
- A strong culture, risk, and controls mindset
- Good judgment
- Team player able to work across businesses and multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management experience, able to support initiatives from planning through execution
- Advanced MS Office skills
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.