Manager Sales Support
City : VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As Manager Sales Support, you will lead a team of Associates who provide exceptional sales support and responsive value-based client contact for a team of Private Bankers. You are responsible for supporting the unit/team in achieving sales objectives by contributing to a differentiated client experience. In this role, you champion the growth and development of your team, collaborate with partners across RBC to identify and meet client needs and goals, strengthening client relationships and making it easier for them to do business with RBC.
What will you do?
- Co-manage a team of Private Banking Associates.
- Lead change and allocate resources to meet the needs of the business unit.
- Coach your team on client service, advice and education, problem resolution and prevention at first point of contact, and advocate for digital enablement and multichannel usage.
- Provide consistent sales support to client requests, act as a point of contact for client problems, and ensure accuracy of documentation with follow-ups as required.
- Maximize opportunities to effectively identify client needs, make referrals, expand profitable client relationships, and track and review progress maintaining a compliant book of business.
- Exercise due diligence in following all policies and procedures, and identity/correct areas of operational risk.
- Act as the subject matter expert of all business unit Policies and Procedures, and Compliance.
- Contribute to team results by supporting all colleagues to be successful in meeting client needs.
- Ensure high employee engagement through recruiting, talent management, development, and career planning.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners to work as one RBC team
- Manage risks by adhering to compliance routines, processes, and controls to protect client and shareholder interests.
What do you need to succeed?
- Demonstrated passion for putting clients first, and success in client problem resolution.
- Flexibility, eagerness to learn, strong personal ethics, and a passion to develop others.
- Ability to work independently, with proven time management, organizational and problem-solving skills. Ability to prioritize tasks is critical.
- Exceptional client service capability and confidence in engaging clients across multiple channels (i.e., phone, video, etc.) using a friendly, positive, and professional tone.
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns.
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.) with above average keyboarding skills, internet, and computer navigation.
- Capability using RBC systems (i.e., Application Launch Pad, CSS, Linx, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Lending knowledge.
- Previous experience as a Banking Advisor or Financial Advisor is an asset.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including competitive compensation, bonus, and flexible benefits.
- Leaders who support your development and career advancement.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Opportunity to achieve great success and grow your career with RBC.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.