Manager, Retail Provisions Analytics (14 Months contract)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177788
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
As a member of the Global Retail Provisions Methodology team, contributes to the overall success of the Global Retail Provisions team who are liable for establishing prudent levels of loan loss allowances (ACL) for the Retail International and Canadian portfolios and Canadian Small Business portfolios.
As a business user of the IFRS9 loan loss provision models (the “IFRS9 Models”) the Global Retail Provisions Methodology team is liable for the operational activities of these models while assisting testing and implementation of changes to existing or deployment of new models.
The incumbent will oversee and assist the Director, Provision Methodology and Senior Manager to coordinate the timely execution of all judicious initiatives and reporting for all monthly and quarterly IFRS9 ECL processes including the critical management adjustments to reporting and analytics requirements to all critical upstream and downstream stakeholders (including Auditors, regulators, senior management)
- Assist in the research, planning, design and deliverable execution of all judicious and change management initiatives and projects that are in the pipeline.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly Retail ECL production process controls including validation of production parameter data and input parameters, production lookup table controls and output validation.
- Assist in the preparation of all communication and key monthly parameter validation data control reports and documentation.
- Manage and streamline the quarterly Forward looking scenario impact sensitivity and weight calculation reporting processes.
- Assist in the IFRS9 Intermediate Model monitoring and model recalibration processes including model documentation maintenance and overseeing the timely change approval communication of all Intermediate Model with Model Validation team.
- Assist in maintaining timely documentation of all proxy assumptions and IFRS9 model adjustment control and processes
- Assist in the maintenance and management all external ACL measurement processes with appropriate controls and documentation that are in compliance with regulations including the Bank’s End User Control (EUC) directive and Sox controls
- Function within a highly corroborative team environment and provide necessary backfill and cross-functional support.
- Strong application development and coding skills. Ability to synthesize modeling and measurement requirements and translate into modular or object oriented codes and sub routines (R, Python)
- Strong data organization and adept at manipulating large amounts of data (Advanced MS Excel/Power BI)
- 1+ years’ experience in financial services analytics or operational reporting capacity
- Working knowledge of financial reporting regulations and current regulatory issues related to IFRS9 Provisioning
- Strong communication and organization skills. Ability to synthesize modeling and measurement requirements and into business requirements and procedural documentation.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.