Manager, Reporting & Analytics
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177245
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
- Primary Manager: Senior Manager, Expense Reporting & Analytics
- Direct Reports: N/A
Global Finance - Reporting, Canadian Banking (CB) is a divisional finance function providing financial management and analytical support to Canadian Banking executive management, as well as to the business line management in Retail Banking, Business Banking, and Tangerine areas.
The Manager is a member of the Expense Reporting & Analysis (ERA) team reporting to the Senior Manager, Expense Reporting and Analysis. ERA is a critical function for the Canadian Banking division and has the responsibility for ensuring effective expense management and optimization of business investments with Canadian Banking’s strategic priorities.
The Manager has responsibility for the accurate, comprehensive and timely preparation and financial information of CB's monthly and quarterly results, ensuring accurate, comprehensive and timely delivery of reporting and analysis from both statutory and business line perspective, for use in BNS executive and senior management reporting and decision-making.
Contributes to the overall success of Global Finance – Reporting ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed and delivered in support of business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly and monthly reporting on assigned Canadian Banking statutory and business line expenses in support of Blue Book deliverables:
- Coordination and collection of financial data from business units.
- Perform reasonability review of statutory expense reporting.
- Review, analyze and prepare statutory journal entries, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Perform analysis of various variances between actual expenses for Canadian Banking direct units and support groups to ensure accuracy and completeness and understandings of significant transactions.
- Develop product group subject matter expertise including direct unit allocations to external partners.
- Communicate with individuals in various business units during monthly close and on an ongoing basis.
- Respond to queries from senior management and participate in the investigation and resolution of reporting issues.
- Support Senior Manager in efforts to enhance expense reporting and analytical processes:
- Co-ordinate processes with other Manager Expense Reporting and assist with leading Senior Analyst.
- Assist with the annual business line rule set up and chart of account (COFA) management processes
- Identify issues and make recommendations with a focus on process improvement
- As required perform adhoc, value added analysis in support of assigned Canadian Banking distribution channels and Product team relationships.
- Act as a prime liaison with assigned CB units while building strategic relationships to provide support.
- Provides coaching and training to colleagues and business partners on processes.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Solid business acumen and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team and ability to communicate with individuals at different levels and a variety of skill-sets and organizational perspectives.
- High proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OBI/Smartview and any other financial tools.
- A solid understanding of financial and management reporting principles. Knowledgeable of the Bank’s products, operations and procedures.
- A good understanding of elements of effective control over integrity and completeness of financial reporting.
- Highly flexible, detail-oriented, and able to cope with changing priorities and to multi-task under tight deadlines and deliver with a great amount of accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent attention to details and time management skills.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance or Accounting with minimum 5 to 7 years of relevant experience. Completion or enrollment in an accounting program is preferred (i.e. CPA, MBA)
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.