Manager, Regulatory Programs and Initiatives
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2V9
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 178126
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Manager, Regulatory Programs and Initiatives will be part of the Enterprise Risk Team in Global Risk Management. The Manager will work with the Director to design, implement, and execute regulatory programs for the Global Risk Management function.
- Helps drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Bank’s GRM regulatory programs and initiatives in GRM.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a risk-based approach to coordinate and oversee compliance with GRM Regulatory Programs and Initiatives. This will include the review of systems, processes, procedures, reports, transactions to assess whether governance, risk management and control processes are operating as intended.
- Support GRM teams as it relates to Regulatory Program and Initiative requirements.
- Helps gather, analyze and create reports with various data components.
- Monitor best practices at other financial institutions in Canada and globally.
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders across the three lines of defence.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Drives stakeholder engagement, management and alignment.
- Ensures unresolved issues or matters are escalated.
- Provides ongoing communication and interface with Program stakeholders and ensures timely reporting of status and escalation of issues.
- Manages required changes to scope/deliverables, schedules, resources and budgets, and ensures changes follow proper Change Management Process.
- Additional accountabilities as required.
- Intermediate skills for in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Power BI etc.) preferred. Expert skills would be an asset (ability to build macros, build advanced tools and workflows in SharePoint, etc).
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, and strong written and communication skills are essential to influence and collaborate effectively with others.
- Prior exposure to a control environment in risk management, compliance, or audit.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Change Management Experience in developing and maintaining a Quality Assurance Program.
- Sound knowledge of regulatory reporting expectations for the financial services industry.
- Experience working in a team environment with proven ability to provide guidance to stakeholders; promoting good communication, objective thinking and cooperation.
- Spanish language fluency would be highly advantageous.
Education / Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant risk, audit and or professional practice management experience in the financial services industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Finance related professional designation would be an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.