Manager, Projects and Governance, Finance
City : North York, ON, CA, M2H0A1
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177509
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
- The Manager, Projects and Governance is responsible for the accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of Fixed Capacity project reporting (actuals, forecast, and budget)
- A strategic relationship stakeholder, this role is responsible for bridging and managing the interactions between project teams, Value Realization Office, Enablement Office and Finance.
- This individual will also spearhead special projects, and adhoc reporting.
- The Manager will report directly to the Director, Projects and Governance.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain database to deliver monthly forecast for Tangerine’s Agile Teams.
- Identify and implement process improvements on a continuous basis with a particular focus on automation and/or simplification with respect to the reporting, forecasting and planning process.
- Conduct monthly meetings/dialogue with Agile teams (Product Owners and Scrum Masters) to understand Team Composition, current and future Team Activities/Deliverables, Capex/Opex components of Activities; expected depreciation start dates, and manage 3rd Party Costs for Agile Teams and ensure this information is accurately reflected in the Fixed Capacity Model to compute the monthly project forecast.
- Play a significant role in the delivery of key management reports including the monthly Capex Report, Agile Team KPI Report, and Team Composition reports
- Analyze monthly Fixed Capacity reports and provide MoM and Full Year Forecast vs Plan variance commentary, and highlight any risks and/or opportunities to achieve budget targets
- Responsible for the maintenance of all Fixed Capacity project reporting, budgeting and forecasting models including the development of any new reports and analysis. This includes consultation with the agile teams, VRO, Enablement Office, and Finance to develop any new reports which would improve/aid managements understanding of project costs.
- Strong participation in the annual Planning process for Tangerine’s Project Portfolio (Strategic Investment Pool) as well as to produce Agile Teams annual Plan. This requires and in depth understanding of team compositions and expected activities for the next fiscal through dialogue with the teams and translating this into meaningful input to the fixed capacity model.
- Maintain Time Tracking system for Agile Teams as well as produce and deliver project data to the Asset Management System (Basware).
- Sustain adequate internal controls over the reporting, budgeting and forecasting functions. This involves continuously evaluating the control environment and implementing new controls as and when required.
- Evolve version control system (Confluence) of Agile Team finance files and manage user access to the system as well as maintain documentation regarding the process to produce monthly forecasts, reporting, and annual Plans.
- Support Finance Team project approval process as required.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related discipline
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Excel – multiple linked files, pivots, tables, v-look-up, Offset, VBA, Power BI, string functions, database functions, nested functions, conditional formatting, key board shortcuts), PowerPoint, Think-Cell, and data base management, and financial modeling proficiency
- Proficient mathematical skills and a sound understanding of quantitative methods and statistical packages
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills; ability to analyze results and identify issues and trends
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to manage competing priorities and work under extremely tight deadlines to deliver a high quality output
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Expert communication skills
- 5 + Banking and / or Finance Team function experience required
- Project Reporting and Retail Banking product knowledge
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.