Manager, Program Development, Global Transaction Banking – Toronto, ON (12 month Contract)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H0B4
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 194102
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Transaction Banking
Global Transaction Banking (GTB) is the payments and transaction engine of Scotiabank. We support Small Business, Commercial and Corporate clients with effective treasury management solutions coupled with a best-in-class service model, making it easy for clients to do business with us.
As businesses build their digital capabilities and transform their operating models, their payment needs are evolving too. Boasting a unique global footprint, GTB’s comprehensive suite of innovative banking solutions help our business clients generate operational efficiencies, streamline and simplify payments, improve working capital performance, and mitigate financial risk.
At Scotiabank, we embrace your strengths, ideas, and ambitions. GTB is a fast-growing team with a focus on the Americas, particularly Canada, the U.S., Mexico, and we are seeking top tier talent to complement our organization.
Join a purpose-driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Manager, Program Development supports across the Employee Experience, Client Experience & Product Engagement portfolio within Global Transaction Banking (GTB) by developing and deploying initiatives/programs aligned with driving strategic priorities related to client experience, employee engagement, and communications support. Working closely with all areas of the department and partners, the Manager proactively identifies opportunities for improving existing initiatives across the portfolio, leads the development of new programs tailored to GTB employees, and executes communication needs in support of the Senior Manager, Employee Experience, Client Experience & Product Engagement. This includes maintaining the initiatives calendar, intake process, and coordinating logistics for deliverables.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive Employee Experience initiatives through:
- Initiatives for GTB staff, including ScotiaPulse, employee onboarding, Master Class, Best of the Best, and more.
- Identifying, sourcing and compiling content for initiative delivery across the portfolio, working with partners and teams across HR, Learning & Development, and Products/Sales teams.
- Drive Client Experience initiatives through:
- Initiatives/programs aligned with client experience strategic priorities as identified through channels such as Pulse, journey mapping, client research, and partner forums.
- Engaging with internal partners to ensure initiatives are effective, efficient, and meeting business requirements.
- Drive Product Engagement initiatives through:
- Managing internal & external communications support requests including intake, work back schedules, tactics, review, and approval across key stakeholders and deployment across channels such as Business Net, SharePoint, Email, ScotiaConnect, and ScotiaOnLine.
- Quality Assurance Management - maintenance of ongoing initiatives quality standards
- Ensuring effective Quality Assurance and effectiveness measures are in place to enable continuous improvement and quality delivery.
- Managing programs to ensure a consistent approach is used across GTB.
- Overseeing the execution of tactics and ensuring continuous improvement (surveys, focus groups, etc.); compiling summary insights for management to help drive quality.
- Measure success of initiatives
- Obtaining feedback for all initiatives to ensure that programs are relevant and effective.
- Applying partners’ feedback as well as analytics to improve existing programs and processes.
What You'll Bring:
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and solid organizational skills
- Ability to work energetically and creatively in a team environment.
- Sharing knowledge, experience and best practices within the team to support a positive team environment and increased learning
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Expert computer skills- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of tasks and functions and changing priorities
- University or college degree or proven work equivalency
- Hybrid work arrangement, with time in a standardized office environment involving long periods working on a PC
- High volume, fast-paced, highly matrixed environment
- High degree of inter-dependency with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts
- The incumbent is required to work with tight deadlines and often requires exceptional effort in diplomacy and tact to ensure problem areas are addressed on an ongoing basis. The individual must be able to deal with all areas and all levels of personnel to effect optimal outcomes.
If your experience is closely related but doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we do encourage you to apply - you might be the right candidate for this or other roles at Scotiabank!
At Scotiabank, every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are and, embraced for their differences. That’s why we work to grow and diversify talent and engage employees in a performance-oriented culture.
What's in it for you?
Scotiabank wants you to be able to bring your best self to work – and life, every day. With a focus on holistic well-being, our many flexible benefit programs are designed to help support your unique family, financial, physical, mental, and social health needs.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.