Manager, Production Day Shift
City : Richmond Hill, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:100 East Beaver Creek Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario, L4B 1J6
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Centralized Pharmacy Services (CPS) is a division of Shoppers Drug Mart that prepares medication packs (CPAK) and prescription vials that are distributed at the stores to patients. Centralized production of these products enables the pharmacist and team at Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw Pharmacies to spend their time focusing on what is important – the patient! Working with the team, you will be responsible to ensure that the preparation and verification of CPAK’s and prescription vials are completed to meet the needs of our retail pharmacies. We pride ourselves in having awesome team spirit!
We have a great benefits package, Shoppers Drug Mart discount, Goodlife gym discount, RRSP/Pension plans and Employee share ownership plan!
Shoppers Drug Mart was acquired by Loblaw in 2014, the largest employer in Canada – making your career opportunities within our larger organization - endless!
The Production Manager will be responsible for evolving a lean pharmacy production environment that engages colleagues, exceeds client expectations and surpasses financial and operational targets. The Production Manager will lead efforts to automate, integrate and standardize the processes and protocols required to provide technically advanced medication packaging and services to facilities and clients, in full compliance with regulatory requirements and best practice standards.
What you will do:
- Oversee the workflow processes to effectively prioritize and manage efficiencies within your team of Pharmacy Assistants, Registered Pharmacy Technicians, Pharmacists and Team Leads across both vial and CPAK operations.
- Ensures customer satisfaction levels are achieved for new and current accounts, consistent with contracted service levels, timelines, and budgets as well as legal/regulatory standards
- Recommend, implement, and drive continuous improvement activities through the implementation of change management processes, and best practices
- Collaborate with internal groups to support stakeholder relationships
- Working with colleagues to ensure that all regulatory obligations (e.g. Provincial Pharmacy College/Board & Health Canada) are met within the production and verification departments
- Improve customer experience through process and people development; show measurable results
- Responsible for accuracy of products being provided to the Verification department for product check, and final product being provided to clients, specifically work with staff to limit medication errors by building a patient safety culture
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of all inventory control systems to guard against “out of stocks” or “overstocks”
- Monitor expired inventory and ensure proper handling of these items to minimize financial loss
- Contribute to management of incidents and near misses in the appropriate time frame
- Ensure patient/resident confidentiality and privacy is protected
- Provide strong effective leadership
- Fosters a ground-up culture of accountability, collaboration and continuous improvement that delivers measurable qualitative and quantitative results
- Improves labor utilization within the production and verification departments and processes, including order verification, production, verification, shipping, and inventory
- Ensures schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies; manages to labor targets
- Ensure appropriate performance management practices are incorporated including onboarding and training of new hires, goal setting and regular feedback
- Ensure the effective completion of all projects and tasks within the operation and progress updates are provided regularly
- Lead, coach and motivate the team to achieve aggressive operational/performance goals for the site and develop organizational talent
- Positively communicates business processes, to team members and is seen and acts as a leader locally
- Maintains a collaborative and productive working relationship with other departments, members of the management team and shared services teams
- Provides guidance to team members on building strong relationships within the site and with external clients and stakeholders by reinforcing and expecting use of CORE values and Blue Culture
What you will need:
- Managerial experience within a healthcare or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Leadership and management qualification or willingness to obtain is considered an asset
- Strong leadership skills, demonstrated ability to manage others while adhering to company values and policies
- Knowledge of current pharmacy operations an asset, however must demonstrate ability to acquire satisfactory working knowledge within 3 months
- Knowledge of continuous improvement systems (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma etc.)
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate through a variety of computer and automation systems quickly
- Experience managing implementation of cross functional projects
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional teams
- Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity; ability to manage multiple priorities in a regulated environment
- Strong relationship building capabilities and capacity to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Flexibility in work hours to cover absences, vacations and business demands
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.