Manager, Product Solutions (12-Month Contract)
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H0B4
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 189906
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Manager, Product Solutions is responsible for supporting the development, execution and maintenance of product and communication support for Scotia Global Asset Management’s $55 billion portfolio solutions/managed asset program line up, across assigned proprietary brands, including ScotiaFunds, Dynamic Funds and Dynamic Private Investment Pools.
Product Commentary & Insights: Work with the broader Product Solutions team to support the development of persuasive, accurate and timely sales support and communication for a range of portfolio solutions across a variety of brands, deliverables and mediums.
• Formulate performance and data inputs for timely product commentary, updates and portfolio manager insights including scheduled updates, portfolio manager round tables, conference calls and presentation material.
• Act as a content resource for various Marketing teams in the production of managed-asset program product updates and client-facing publications, ensuring compositional accuracy of programs.
• Produce and project manage regulatory and ongoing fund commentaries, including the Management Reports of Fund Performance on a semi-annual basis or fund commentaries on a quarterly basis, working closely with Portfolio Managers, Fund Administration, Compliance, internal stakeholders, and/or external partners.
Wholesaler/Advisor Engagement: In collaboration with sales partners, support the creation of and/or edit existing support for key programs to foster AUM growth. Respond to field inquiries and actively solicit input and feedback from partners on ways to improve support.
Market intelligence. Support competitive analysis through data gathering and synthesis on managed asset programs.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and experience using Bloomberg and Morningstar Direct
• Minimum 5 years’ experience within asset management or financial services industry.
• Undergraduate degree.
• Strong analytical skills with experience sourcing and distilling market and fund data from multiple sources to deliver timely insights.
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• An understanding of and interest in financial markets and the key factors driving domestic and foreign market performance across major asset classes.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, both internally and externally
• Knowledge of the regulatory requirements for sales communications (NI 81-102).
• Enrollment in the CFA or CIM programs is considered a strong asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.