MANAGER, PROCUREMENT & PRODUCT MANAGEMENT - FRESH POULTRY
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
The Manager of Product Management & Procurement is a key role on the Fresh Poultry team. This individual will advocate for the ideal utilization of our fresh chicken supply. The scope of the material utilization will span from raw material through finished goods and will incorporate availability of supply, understanding of network capability to convert, strategic direction of the organization and customer feedback. A key liason with operations, sales, marketing, finance & supply chain planning this individual will also have responsibility for business development opportunities in the “valuing-up” of Maple Leaf Foods chicken supply. Procurement responsibilities include the purchase of both chicken and turkey in Canadian and US markets including maximizing the value of Maple Leaf Foods’ Import Quota.
- Owner of the value reconciliation of the fresh chicken supply against optimal financial return.
- Owner of providing visibility into long term value up opportunities of poultry supply utilization
- Owner of raw material procurement of chicken, turkey and poultry Import Quota
- Influence and support the promotion of surplus push opportunities with ideation and options that support channel volume or margins
- Creation of annual procurement strategy for raw material supply and value-added third party processors supporting the fresh and further process.
- Successful team leadership of direct reports with responsibilities for procurement and replenishment of supply into Maple Leaf Fresh and Further Processed Poultry facilities.
- Establish, maintain and develop supplier network across Canada and United States
- Successful supplier quality and service performance through leadership of supplier scorecard
- Continued negotiation on rates and price to reflect Maple Leaf scale and partnership with supplier network.
- Lead team in developing, refining and enhancing procurement processes of poultry
- Lead value-up discussions with retail & foodservice teams on new business opportunities that will trade up surplus supply as well as margin up existing business.
- Development and leadership of portfolio optimization of chicken and turkey opportunities across all channels with a view to a 12-24 month forecast of recommendations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in food manufacturing, specifically fresh meats
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Business or Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in a related role
- Prior experience with people leadership
- Procurement experience leading spend exceeding $150M/yr
- SAP experience
- Excellent leadership & change management skills
- Supplier development
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills and a great process driven problem solver
- Strong customer focus and understands individual customer demands and requirements
- Ability to build a strong working relationship with other functional teams
- Ability to function in a fast paced production environment
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.