Manager, Process Governance & Controls
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173792
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
As a member of the Operational Effectiveness & Controls team, contributes to processes or technology application changes that enable the generation of key monthly or quarterly deliverables that contribute to the success of Retail Small Business Wealth Management Credit Risk.
The team is responsible for process governance, operational controls and change management associated with critical end to end processes that support measurement of Allowances for Credit Losses, production of critical risk reports and delivery of regulatory reporting for global retail portfolios in accordance to bank standards and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
The incumbent will be responsible for data analysis, business process analysis and project coordination to continuously standardize and improve efficiencies within the team in alignment to the Bank’s Strategic Objectives.
- Work with data providers locally to ensure delivery of development data within project timelines and in the required structure and format for use by developers
- Validate data received to ensure data quality (i.e. data profiling, reconciliation to production, and data lineage); Communicate discrepancies across teams and collaboratively work towards resolution including identification of root cause of variance or workarounds
- Establish processes for operationalization of the feeds into production through manual or automated processes as required in collaboration with risk and technology partners (both locally and in Toronto)
Business Process Analysis:
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement to existing processes including identification of new tools or methods (such as Lean) to optimize performance
- Assist in the review, analysis, and update of existing or new business process requirements including facilitating the associated approval and impact analysis required.
- Identify unique use cases and execute test cases to support the overall functional test strategy including workflow analysis and business acceptance testing for new application functions and features
- Collaborate with various operations and technology teams on additional End User Computing (EUC) documentation to complement established processes as required
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assess and prioritize outstanding issues with an understanding of impact to business and effort required to deliver; Monitor and update outstanding backlog as required
- Report status and progress including review of any dependencies, issues or risks to timelines in project update meetings; Ensure dashboards are up to date with key monitoring metrics
- 3+ years’ experience in credit risk modeling or reporting for either retail or wholesale products
- Strong data organization and adept at manipulating large amounts of data (Advanced MS Excel/Access, SQL, Tableau, R, SAS, or Python)
- Working knowledge of regulations and current regulatory issues related to stress testing, capital requirements and risk management. (e.g., CCAR, Basel, OSFI)
- Working knowledge of process design and lean methodologies
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal). Spanish would be an asset.
- Previous experience in project management and facilitation skills would be an asset.
- Previous experience in internal audit or financial accounting would be an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.