Manager, Privacy – Health
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Legal
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Does working with some of Canada’s most versatile minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology & Analytics powers game-changing retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well.
Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, prioritizes a culture of inclusion and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology & Analytics gives you the chance to excel and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more!
Manager, Privacy - Health, Toronto ON
The Manager, Privacy will work under the direction of the Sr. Manager, Privacy (Health) to implement and operate the Loblaw Privacy Program within our health-related businesses. The Manager, Privacy is responsible for supporting the execution of day-to-day privacy activities, including: privacy assessments, privacy compliance reviews, delivering training, and promoting privacy practices and standards across the business.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a dedicated privacy subject matter expert within the health organization.
- Support the development and implementation of the Privacy Program components (e.g., content development, training, assessments, contract reviews and reporting), within health. Identify and manage privacy risks in day-to-day health business operations, including within new and existing projects.
- Gather relevant information from project teams and review, assess, document findings against requirements and create formal reports pertaining to privacy risks and benefits. Provide advice, risk assessment, and recommendations regarding privacy controls.
- Support privacy breach management activities (e.g., intake, escalation and investigation).
- Maintain knowledge of health privacy laws, regulatory requirements and industry standards to support organizational adaptation, innovation and compliance.
- Support the Sr. Manager, Privacy by identifying and escalating privacy issues or risks and developing program updates for varying levels of management, as needed. Perform research on privacy trends, best practices and changes in healthcare landscape.
- Build positive relationships with peers within our health-related businesses and across the broader organization.
What You Bring:
- Proven and management experience in Privacy Risk Management.
- Post-secondary education at either the college or university level. Certificate in CIPP required or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in privacy within a complex healthcare environment. Strong knowledge of Canadian health privacy laws and knowledge of international laws and privacy trends.
- Experience with risk management, security, and compliance, including, performing assessment activities around the application of security and privacy controls. Experience implementing and operating a privacy program in a large and complex organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and cohesively in a team setting. Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams. Strong organizational, verbal, facilitation, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment while organizing and managing multiple responsibilities and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. Ability to approach situations and challenges with an action-oriented mindset and act decisively.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Forward thinking with respect to identifying, assessing and prioritizing risk, issues and challenges.
What Loblaw Offers You
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find a phenomenal team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues and customers every day.
Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity where differences are valued and supported. Commitment to being an equal opportunity employer is a priority to us, and we encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs.
Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.