Manager, Pricing and Revenue Planning
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Product Management
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
What you will do...
- Complete financial analysis for new initiatives (e.g. new products, bundles, partnerships). Work cross-functionally on inputs and to prepare recommendations, assess business risks and outline pricing considerations to gain alignment from key stakeholders.
- Develop and recommend pricing models/offers based on product roadmap and strategic priorities which deliver on short, medium, and long-term revenue growth plans for the Distribution team. Involves working closely with appropriate teams (e.g. Marketing) on inputs as well as ensuring necessary approvals from key stakeholders in Sports and non-Sports (as required), Marketing (as required), Director and VP.
- Support traditional distribution team to identify new pricing models for BDU partners and assess market/revenue potential associated with distribution opportunities.
- Oversight for all digital product offers across all partners (Rogers and external BDUs, digital RSM content offers, etc) to ensure promotions do not conflict and all stakeholders are aware of activities
Reporting and Analytics:
- Distribution team lead on forecasts and budget for digital products (subscriber trends and revenue). Involves working closely with relevant teams (e.g. Marketing, Distribution) and ensuring Distribution VP/Director alignment.
- Develop and maintain analytical tools, financial models, research and processes to support a deeper level of analysis and insight into RSM’s product pricing
- Lead “Deep Dive” pricing analytics and reviews on key initiatives to develop future strategies for subscriber and revenue growth or mitigate revenue decline.
- Monitor, research and analyze the competitive media environment and pricing practices.
- Establish revenue and subscriber KPIs for various distribution opportunities and communicate progress on a regular basis identifying the drivers behind any variances.
- Monitor Churn for RSM digital products to ensure relevant stakeholders are aware of trends (RSM products and market) and have necessary information to develop plans.
What you will bring:
- Experience in either pricing, product strategy, business development, and/or business analysis ideally within Media or Streaming environment
- Well versed in the fundamentals of distribution negotiations and demonstrates a vast understanding of business case development, interpreting consumer insights, and a strong grasp of the BDU and Digital video content landscapes.
- A strong background and understanding of digital content distribution across multi-platforms, particularly in an IP environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met or exceeded.
- Excellent communications (written and verbal), presentation and interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships.
- Able to work effectively within a team.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”.
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.).
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Product Management
Requisition ID: 301049
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media