No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here and we think you’ll like it too.
The Manager, Portfolio Management or Senior Manager , Portfolio Management I, or Senior Manager, Portfolio Management and Non-standard Conditions contributes in updating the Bank’s loan portfolio by processing service requests and annual reviews required during the life cycle of a loan. He or she analyzes and recommends complex and advanced service requests and supports the Business Development team in developing efficient solutions to meet the client’s requests while adhering to the Bank’s policies and directives.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Follow up on outstanding issues in the files in accordance with BDC’s audit policies, processes and procedures by ensuring that the forms and information are accurate and complete, the conditions are met and the signatures are obtained
- When completing an annual review, validate the profitability of the portfolio by monitoring the client’s borrowing activities and identify additional opportunities (financing or consulting) and be proactive to retain existing clients
- Review financial statements, complete the financial analysis and evaluate the risk rating
- Actively address situations where potential risks are identified, such as arrears, risk deterioration and declining financial results
- Evaluate high and advanced risk requests and offer proactive solutions to restructure agreements, minimize risk and mitigate losses in collaboration with Credit, the business centres and other internal colleagues
- Authorize, decline or recommend services, within the established parameters, and ensure a high calibre of analysis and due diligence for all loan amendments and service requests
- Maintain relationships with business centre personnel and colleagues to foster good teamwork and the pursuit of common objectives and the consistent application of policies
- Coach, mentor and share experience with team members
- Keep abreast of economic trends in his or her region and any potential impact for the Bank’s clients
- Keep abreast of changes made to policies, procedures and detailed processes and of trends in credit and regulatory issues that may have an impact on BDC
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration
- Three to five years’ experience as an account manager in the banking sector
- In-depth knowledge of banking products, services, policies, processes and procedures
- Ability to analyze complex financial structures
- Ability to identify and solve problems pro-actively with good judgment
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- Good time management skills and ability to set priorities to meet tight deadlines
- Cooperative attitude
- Bilingualism is an asset
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.