Requisition ID: 42321
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Physical Footprint Optimization Manager is a member of the Workforce Management Office (WMO) team assigned to the Workforce Planning (WFP) project. The incumbent will support the Workforce Planning (WFP) project implementation and sustainment by providing ongoing support for the WFP tool through workforce data reporting. The incumbent will support the Physical Footprint Optimization team with the development and tracking of workforce metrics and will act as the primary contact for WFP reporting/data inquires. He/she will assist with monitoring the integrity of the WFP data, performing performance analysis for key departmental initiatives, as well as fulfilling WFP reporting requests from across the Bank.
- Supports WFP tool users by:
- Supporting the development of metrics, KPIs, and reporting requirements;
- Analyzing available reports and dashboards and providing insights to Project team;
- Tracking user feedback and KPIs;
- Supporting WFP end users with reporting related inquiries, providing resolutions and tracking all support instances.
- Provides ongoing operational support for the WFP tool by:
- Assisting with monitoring the effectiveness of the tool, specifically the business rules and data feeds;
- Designing and maintaining business rules, configurations, tables and queries within the WFP tool;
- Working closely with the Physical Footprint team to optimize the data being collected by the tool and create reporting synergies across teams;
- Ensuring operational and system problems are identified and resolved efficiently;
- Monitoring system changes and providing reporting on how those changes have affected forecasting/scheduling;
- Acting as primary contact for all WFP reporting requests;
- Assisting with maintaining/updating system;
- Supporting the development and implementation of sustainment metrics and activities;
- Maintain strong relationship with WFP system vendor.
- Provides effective reporting and data analysis to support business decisions by:
- Collaborating across teams to design efficient reporting for executives;
- Leveraging reporting tools to automate dashboard reporting for executives;
- Preparing analysis of financial/non-financial results and other relevant business data for input into various documents (e.g. business cases, strategy documents, etc.);
- Analyzing branch processes, transactions and workload indicators;
- Developing and maintaining benchmarking metrics;
- Preparing reports and providing insights on trends to management;
- Analyzing and reporting on historical data and workforce trends.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, SQL, Tableau
- Knowledge of Python an asset
- Knowledge of Scotiabank structure and retail environment an asset
- Strong team mentality and performance orientation
- Self-starter & strong prioritization skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong ability to manage a high level of detail, data and information
- Strong ability to draw meaningful insights from data and present those insights and analysis to executives
- Strong collaboration skills required to build and maintain key relationships
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.