Manager, Operational Finance, Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176251
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotia Digital’s Operational Finance team enables the organization to make effective financial decisions to optimize use of operational financial resources. The team is looking for candidates at the Manager Level, who are detail-oriented, analytical thinkers with a passion for enabling outcomes through pro-active financial management. Successful candidates will play a key role executing initiatives that make financial management easy for the department. They will work with stakeholders across the Bank to ensure that all operational financial activities are conducted effectively, and in compliance with associated internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you?
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Manage the execution of assigned initiatives and processes, and build necessary business partner relationships to drive successful outcomes
- Identify and explain sources of variance in periodic reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Lead operational finance initiatives for Scotia Digital, ensuring that they are executed and delivered in compliance with Scotia Digital key objectives
- Lead development of monthly and quarterly savings forecasts and other expense reduction initiatives, variance analysis and commentaries for management reporting
- Develop internal policies and procedures to improve operational financial performance and governance
- Ensuring the integrity and quality of Scotia Digital financial reporting to manage annual budgets, planning, forecasting, reporting, and day-to-day work of Scotia Digital transit owners for savings initiatives, funding requests and financial analysis
- Develop new processes and tools, and improve existing ones to drive rapid, scalable analytics and operational finance insights to the Scotia Digital teams
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Excellent technical skills in MS Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and manage completion of operational finance tasks in cooperation within Scotia Digital and with corporate finance partners
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problem
- Knowledge of financial and managerial concepts within large, regulated corporations, and an understanding of business planning processes, working with accounting systems, budgets, and financial controls
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, or similar field
- Recognized professional designation (e.g. CPA, CFA), or working towards such a designation
- Graduate degree (e.g. MBA) preferred
- 5+ years of experience in financial management roles
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of junior financial resources to manage operating budgets
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.